52, Vol. 3 by Geoff Johns

More of no Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman. There are quite a few reveals in this TPB though. There was the Supernova reveal, which I didn't see coming, and a Lex Luthor reveal that I sorta saw coming, though it didn't happen in the way I thought it would happen.

I loved the Renee/The Question/Batwoman stuff in this volume, and even the Elongated Man mystery held my interest for the most part.

Still it's an almost insanely paced 52 issues (or 39 up to the end of Volume 3). There's never any part of the story where the reader can take a breath. ( )
  DanieXJ | Sep 26, 2014 |
52, Volume 3 contains weeks 27 through 39 of DC Universe’s “missing” year and covers a lot of ground plot wise. I mainly felt the same was about this volume as I did about Volume 1 and Volume 2, but I really liked how things were starting to come together in this third installment and mysteries were being unraveled at last. Almost as if in response to my issues with Volume 2, I now found that the artwork seemed back to the high standards of the first volume, Kate Kane/Batwoman played a more prominent role, and Ralph Dibny’s story became interesting again. Renee Montoya and the Question’s story hit a bittersweet climax, Black Adam and his family engaged more of my sympathies than previously, and even the Starfire, Adam Strange and Animal Man out in space plot gave me a good chuckle or two and had some touching moments – and perhaps even more importantly, finally left me in suspense and wanting to know what will happen next. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | May 27, 2011 |
Third installment of the DC series originally published in weekly installments. The various stories are starting to mature and certainly more emotional punch to this part. It will be interesting to see if all the disparate stories cna be resolved in a fashion worhty of the endeavour. ( )
  furriebarry | Jan 12, 2009 |

Is contained in

Has as a supplement

Continues the story of the "missing year" in the DC universe. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are still missing. The rest of the world's heroes are left to try to stand up in their absence. Can they prevail in a world that has seemingly given up hope?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,434,677 books! | Top bar: Always visible