52, Vol. 4 by Geoff Johns

52, Vol. 4 (2007)

by Geoff Johns, Keith Giffen (Illustrator), Grant Morrison (Author), Greg Rucka (Author), Mark Waid (Author)

Other authors: David Baron (Colors), Eddy Barrows (Illustrator), Chris Batista (Illustrator), Joe Bennett (Illustrator), Belardino Brabo (Illustrator)19 more, Giuseppe Camuncoli (Illustrator), Drew Geraci (Illustrator), Dan Green (Illustrator), Hi-Fi (Colors), Jamal Igle (Illustrator), Jack Jadson (Illustrator), J.G. Jones (Cover artist), Dan Jurgens (Illustrator), Justiniano (Illustrator), Andy Lanning (Illustrator), Mike McKone (Illustrator), Patrick Olliffe (Illustrator), Pete Pantazis (Colors), Rodney Ramos (Illustrator), Norm Rapmund (Illustrator), Darick Robertson (Illustrator), Lorenzo Ruggiero (Illustrator), Alex Sinclair (Illustrator), Walden Wong (Illustrator)

Series: 52 (volume 4), Superman TPBs Post-Crisis Continuity (52 40-52)

In the wake of the INFINITE CRISIS, the DC Universe is left without its three biggest icons -- Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman

The final volume of the 52 weeks of issues. The series comes to an impressive end. Most of the plot threads were tied up nicely. We got to see the three MIA characters together, and the world(s) was saved-- again. There were some happy endings, some not so happy endings, and some ending sin the middle of happy and sad.

There was one issue that had art that I didn't love, too angular and dark, but for the most part as with the rest of the TPBs, the art was okay.

It was an amazing series, even though I wanted more of some stuff and less of other stuff, a solid four star series. ( )
  DanieXJ | Sep 26, 2014 |
This book picks up right where 52, Volume 3 left off, covering weeks 40 through to the series’ culmination in week 52. 52, Volume 4 starts on a high note, satisfactorily wrapping up the Steel/Natasha/Lex Luthor plot line (although we’ll still have glimpses of these characters later on). The next chapter, which finishes the Ralph Dibny storyline, was a bit of an “eh” ending for me. I didn’t love the way the Ralph Dibny plot tied up, but I didn’t hate it either. However, from there on out, it really just went downhill, with the exception of the Question/Batwoman conclusion that filled in the gaps I had when reading Batwoman: Elegy. The rest of the storylines, in my opinion, ended either way too easily or went off into bizarre turns that were just too out-there for me. Not only that, but I felt there were still many loose ends left up in the air. (To some extent, I get this because other comic series will pick up on these, but it was very unsatisfactory to me after weeks of waiting to figure out why such-and-such event was going to matter.) And, despite the numerous and epic battles that took place in this final volume, I found the ending overall to be anti-climatic. Unlike the other volumes where I couldn’t wait to see what would happen next, I found myself sort of just trudging through this one and hoping for it to end already – while waiting, unsuccessfully, for a big reveal to make it all worthwhile. Overall, it’s not a bad read, it’s just not as good as I would have expected considering the caliber of the first three volumes. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Jun 3, 2011 |

Leigh, RobLetterssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lopez, KenLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

Has as a supplement

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,922,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible