Acceleration (Platinum Readers Circle…

Acceleration (Platinum Readers Circle (Center Point)) (edition 2005)

by Graham McNamee

Member:aldelvalle
Title:Acceleration (Platinum Readers Circle (Center Point))
Authors:Graham McNamee
Info:Perfection Learning (2005), Hardcover
Tags:Mystery Action Adventure Georgia Peach Winner

Acceleration by Graham McNamee

guy book with fast-paced adventure peppered with sarcastic humor ( )
  lindap69 | Apr 5, 2013 |
Decent action/suspense mystery. I can see the appeal and I'll probably add it to my booktalks list, but it's not my favorite thing I've read (or listened to). ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 31, 2013 |
I liked this fast moving, sometimes edgy mystery. It is about a young teen who finds a diary of a killer wile working in the lost and found of the transit system. The police do not take him seriously so he sets out to find the man with his two friends. Not an action that I would recommend but it works for them. ( )
  WickedWoWestwood | Mar 3, 2013 |
I enjoyed this book. It's reasonably fast-paced and a page-turner.

Ironically, I finished this on the same day that two people were on the tracks at 125th St. station in NYC. ( )
  makfan | Jan 16, 2013 |
Acceleration is a surprisingly entertaining and fast-paced teen thriller, set in Toronto. The majority of the story plays out on the property of the Toronto Transit Commission, which makes the story that much closer to home for someone like me, who has been a TTC rider for over two decades. Although a quick read, the content was notably substantive and lacked any plot holes. The character development for such a short novel was highly detailed, and I was impressed by McNamee’s insight into the mind of a deranged psychopath. Due to violent content, although not outlandish, I wouldn’t suggest this novel be read by anyone under 13. It wouldn’t hurt to read the story with your teen so that you can give the “Don’t try this at home message,” and besides that, you’ll probably enjoy it.

www.booksnakereviews.blogspot.com
1 vote PamelaReads | Aug 5, 2011 |
For Mom and Dad, thanks for everything. And thanks to the Canada Council for the Arts for their support.
This is a nightmare.

Seventeen-year-old Duncan takes a job at the lost-and-found station of the Toronto subway. There he discovers the misplaced diary of a budding serial killer, and realizes he must identify and stop the diarist before someone dies.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440238366, Mass Market Paperback)

It’s a hot, hot summer, and in the depths of the Toronto Transit Authority’s Lost and Found, 17-year-old Duncan is cataloging lost things and sifting through accumulated junk. And between Jacob, the cranky old man who runs the place, and the endless dusty boxes overflowing with stuff no one will ever claim, Duncan’s just about had enough. Then he finds a little leather book. It’s a diary filled with the dark and dirty secrets of a twisted mind, a serial killer stalking his prey in the subway. And Duncan can’t make himself stop reading.

What would you do with a book like that? How far would you go to catch a madman?

And what if time was running out. . . .

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:17 -0400)

Stuck working in the Lost and Found of the Toronto Transit Authority for the summer, seventeen-year-old Duncan finds the diary of a serial killer and sets out to stop him.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,630,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible