Buio prendimi per mano by Lehane Dennis

Buio prendimi per mano (1996)

by Lehane Dennis, Crepax Luciana (Translator)

Member:saintwo2005
Title:Buio prendimi per mano
Authors:Lehane Dennis
Other authors:Crepax Luciana (Translator)
Info:Piemme
Tags:2000, gialli

Darkness, Take My Hand by Dennis Lehane (1996)

English (44)  Swedish (2)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All (48)
In this book Patrick has started a relationship with Grace, a young doctor with a daughter, and Angie has divorced Phil. But their life will soon be turned upside down. A psychiatrist hires Angie and Patrick to watch over her son who she is scared is a target by the Irish mafia. But they never imagine what the case will do to their life...

This book grabbed a hold on me from the beginning and kept it hold until the end. The first book was good, this book was awesome. The story was tragic, disturbing and thrilling. It’s strange when I’m really into a book, then I don’t know what to write, but when a book is bad, then I have a lot to write. A part of my are still so taken with the story that I’m having trouble leaving Kenzie & Gennaro's world behind and move on with another book. But I thought I would wait a bit with Sacred and finish of the other books I have started…but it is hard... ( )
  MaraBlaise | Feb 25, 2017 |
DARKNESS,TAKE MY HAND is the second book in the Kenzie & Gennaro series. It was a whole lot darker than the first. A bit more disturbing. Many cogs in a mysterious wheel spinning at once. And I loved it.

Diandra Warren is worried. She is a professor and psychiatrist. When a young woman, Moira Kenzi, comes to her for help nothing adds up. Things get worse when the doctor receives a photograph in the mail. It is of her son. She now finds herself worried about his safety, as well as her own.

If the Irish Mob isn’t directly behind the silent threats, it could be Kevin Hurlihy, Jack Rouse’s right hand man. Either way, Kevin’s involvement spells trouble. The man has no heart, and is known for his unorthodox ways of dealing with things. Delivering pain, resorting to torture, and even killing people doesn’t faze him in the slightest.

Kenzie and Gennaro are hired. Diandra wants to be absolutely sure no one is after her son. The investigation involves a lot of shadowing, keeping the doctor’s son under constant surveillance. The best the private eyes can tell, there is nothing for the family to worry about.

Nothing to worry about, that is until a young girl is found dead. Crucified. Her hands and feet were nailed into the ground. On her was Kenzie’s business card. Although seemingly separate from Kenzie and Gennaro’s initial investigation, sins of the past are brought to the present.

Someone is killing people from the old neighborhood. And before each person is killed a photograph of that person is sent to someone they love. A serial killer is on the loose. The police and the FBI find one common factor in all of the cases. Patrick Kenzie. He is in some way tied to nearly each and every one.

When those Kenzie loves are threatened, are put into harm’s way, the joint investigation is stepped-up, but it may not be enough. Finding the one responsible is no easy feat. Bodies keep turning up. And it is clear that time is running out. Kenzie receives a simple threat, not everyone you love can live.

A fantastic, fast-paced, and gritty crime novel! DARKNESS, TAKE MY HAND just grabbed me from the depressing opening scene, until the very last page. I am finding this is common in the Lehane books I’ve read recently. He is quickly working his way up as one of my favorite authors!

PhillipTomasso
Author of the Severed Empire Series ( )
  ptom3 | Feb 7, 2017 |
Crime noir and thrillers aren't usually my cuppa but this was so engrossing with its conflicted-psyche main character and sins of the fathers theme that I'll definitely be reading the next Kenzie & Gennaro book. I wasn't so sure after the first one (A Drink Before the War) but the writing in this was much better, more like the Lehane of Shutter Island and the McCoughlin series. ( )
  wandaly | Jun 30, 2016 |
Well done, Me. LeHane. This particular book is almost 20 years old. And you've written better since. But thinking about how talented you were way back when just impresses me even more. ( )
  LauraCerone | May 26, 2016 |
i like his writing and this story was engaging with a great climax. a little too violent for my tastes (i'm getting more squeamish as i age, apparently) but i still liked this and am definitely enjoying the series. ( )
  elisa.saphier | Jan 25, 2016 |
We should be thankful we cannot see the horrors and degradations lying around our childhood, in cupboards and bookshelves, everywhere.
--Graham Greene, The Power and the Glory
This novel is dedicated to Mal Ellenburg and Sterling Watson for a thousand good arguments about the nature of the craft and the nature or the beast.
When I was a kid, my father took me up on the roof of a freshly burned building.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380726289, Mass Market Paperback)

In Darkness, Take My Hand, Dennis Lehane gives readers an authentic view of the Boston suburb of Dorchester, the scene of A Drink Before the War, winner of the Shamus Award from the Private Eye Writers of America. Dorchester, a solid blue-collar town with no shortage of good spots at which to sully up to the bar for a beer, is tarnished by a 20-year string of strangely similar killings. Patrick Kenzie, a local, becomes the improbable hero of this tale when he makes it his business to solve the slayings. The characters he encounters in Dorchester, with their distinctive accents and colorful pasts, make this mystery not only thrilling, but wildly entertaining.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:35 -0400)

A man is murdered in Boston by crucifixion, recalling a similar murder 20 years earlier for which a killer is serving time in prison. So it can't be him, or can it? As bodies pile up PIs Angela Dimassi Gennaro and Patrick Kenzie go to work. By the author of A Drink Before the War.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,649,168 books! | Top bar: Always visible