Buio prendimi per mano by Lehane Dennis

Buio prendimi per mano (1996)

by Lehane Dennis, Crepax Luciana (Translator)

Title:Buio prendimi per mano
Authors:Lehane Dennis
Other authors:Crepax Luciana (Translator)
Tags:2000, gialli

Darkness, Take My Hand by Dennis Lehane (1996)

Recently added byjohnwbeha, scotloth, private library, FaGoo, iwbishop, sorsopkel, aurgail, TeresaTR, bouillabaisse

English (38)  Swedish (2)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (42)
Dennis Lehane is an amazing storyteller. I'm not much of a thriller reader, at least not anymore, but I finished this book in just over 24 hours. I couldn't put it down. It's violent and frightening, which I don't like, but it's worth all that to just read Lehane's stories. ( )
  carebear10712 | Dec 31, 2014 |
In this book Patrick has started a relationship with Grace, a young doctor with a daughter, and Angie has divorced Phil. But their life will soon be turned upside down. A psychiatrist hires Angie and Patrick to watch over her son who she is scared is a target by the Irish mafia. But they never imagine what the case will do to their life...

This book grabbed a hold on me from the beginning and kept it hold until the end. The first book was good, this book was awesome. The story was tragic, disturbing and thrilling. It’s strange when I’m really into a book, then I don’t know what to write, but when a book is bad, then I have a lot to write. A part of my are still so taken with the story that I’m having trouble leaving Kenzie & Gennaros world behind and move on with another book. But I thought I would wait a bit with Sacred and finish of the other books I have started…but it is hard...

4 stars

Review also posted on And Now for Something Completely Different and It's a Mad Mad World ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 11, 2014 |
I really like Lehane. His work is very dark, very intense but somehow doesn't put me off. Maybe it's because his characters aren't heroes and they never pretend to be. They get scared, they have doubts, they eff up. They're infinitely human. I had figured out the whodunit part far before the end, but it didn't detract in the least from the story. ( )
  AliceAnna | Oct 15, 2014 |
Dennis Lehane is an amazing storyteller. I met him once...I told him that the first book of his that I read was "The Given Day" and that I then had to go back and read the rest of his novels. He seemed surprised that the thrillers were not the books that hooked me to his writing, but pleased, too. I'm not much of a thriller reader, at least not anymore, but I finished this book in just over 24 hours. I couldn't put it down. It's violent and frightening, which I don't like, but it's worth all that to just read Lehane's stories. ( )
  carebear10712 | Oct 14, 2014 |
This story is the second in a series of books, and I didn’t read the first one. The good news is you really don’t need to have read the first to enjoy this book. There are references to the earlier book, but no spoilers. This is a dark tale of gangs, love, serial killers, and loyalty. The hero struggles to protect everyone he loves. ( )
  Perrywilson | Jun 30, 2014 |
We should be thankful we cannot see the horrors and degradations lying around our childhood, in cupboards and bookshelves, everywhere.
--Graham Greene, The Power and the Glory
This novel is dedicated to Mal Ellenburg and Sterling Watson for a thousand good arguments about the nature of the craft and the nature or the beast.
When I was a kid, my father took me up on the roof of a freshly burned building.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380726289, Mass Market Paperback)

In Darkness, Take My Hand, Dennis Lehane gives readers an authentic view of the Boston suburb of Dorchester, the scene of A Drink Before the War, winner of the Shamus Award from the Private Eye Writers of America. Dorchester, a solid blue-collar town with no shortage of good spots at which to sully up to the bar for a beer, is tarnished by a 20-year string of strangely similar killings. Patrick Kenzie, a local, becomes the improbable hero of this tale when he makes it his business to solve the slayings. The characters he encounters in Dorchester, with their distinctive accents and colorful pasts, make this mystery not only thrilling, but wildly entertaining.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:35 -0400)

A man is murdered in Boston by crucifixion, recalling a similar murder 20 years earlier for which a killer is serving time in prison. So it can't be him, or can it? As bodies pile up PIs Angela Dimassi Gennaro and Patrick Kenzie go to work. By the author of A Drink Before the War.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,892,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible