Buio prendimi per mano by Lehane Dennis

Buio prendimi per mano (1996)

by Lehane Dennis, Crepax Luciana (Translator)

Member:saintwo2005
Title:Buio prendimi per mano
Authors:Lehane Dennis
Other authors:Crepax Luciana (Translator)
Info:Piemme
Tags:2000, gialli

Darkness, Take My Hand by Dennis Lehane (1996)

English (41)  Swedish (2)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (45)
In this book Patrick has started a relationship with Grace, a young doctor with a daughter, and Angie has divorced Phil. But their life will soon be turned upside down. A psychiatrist hires Angie and Patrick to watch over her son who she is scared is a target by the Irish mafia. But they never imagine what the case will do to their life...

This book grabbed a hold on me from the beginning and kept it hold until the end. The first book was good, this book was awesome. The story was tragic, disturbing and thrilling. It’s strange when I’m really into a book, then I don’t know what to write, but when a book is bad, then I have a lot to write. A part of my are still so taken with the story that I’m having trouble leaving Kenzie & Gennaro's world behind and move on with another book. But I thought I would wait a bit with Sacred and finish of the other books I have started…but it is hard... ( )
  MaraBlaise | Feb 9, 2016 |
i like his writing and this story was engaging with a great climax. a little too violent for my tastes (i'm getting more squeamish as i age, apparently) but i still liked this and am definitely enjoying the series. ( )
  elisa.saphier | Jan 25, 2016 |
The first half was slow moving and a bit hard to follow. Pace does pick-up. Murders are gruesome! ( )
  Cricket856 | Jan 25, 2016 |
This is the second in Lehane’s Kenzie and Gennaro mystery/thriller series. Like the first (A Drink Before the War), it was somewhat hard to put down. It is tense, gritty, brutal noir about serial killings. No one is ever going to accuse these things of being cozy mysteries.

Having just read Rowling’s Career of Evil where the antagonist was also a serial killer, it was interesting to compare it to this one. Rowling’s had its violence and suspense but Lehane’s is just more—I’m not sure how to describe it—visceral and full of dread. You also deal with characters who, while completely engaging, are less polar opposites to their foes: instead of a black and white moral spectrum, let's call it black and gray.

I’d rate it a shade less than the first in the series, say 3.75 stars if I could award that number, because there was a touch of over-the-top at moments. But it’s still gripping. ( )
  TadAD | Jan 21, 2016 |
Dennis Lehane is an amazing storyteller. I'm not much of a thriller reader, at least not anymore, but I finished this book in just over 24 hours. I couldn't put it down. It's violent and frightening, which I don't like, but it's worth all that to just read Lehane's stories. ( )
  carebear10712 | Dec 31, 2014 |
We should be thankful we cannot see the horrors and degradations lying around our childhood, in cupboards and bookshelves, everywhere.
--Graham Greene, The Power and the Glory
This novel is dedicated to Mal Ellenburg and Sterling Watson for a thousand good arguments about the nature of the craft and the nature or the beast.
When I was a kid, my father took me up on the roof of a freshly burned building.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380726289, Mass Market Paperback)

In Darkness, Take My Hand, Dennis Lehane gives readers an authentic view of the Boston suburb of Dorchester, the scene of A Drink Before the War, winner of the Shamus Award from the Private Eye Writers of America. Dorchester, a solid blue-collar town with no shortage of good spots at which to sully up to the bar for a beer, is tarnished by a 20-year string of strangely similar killings. Patrick Kenzie, a local, becomes the improbable hero of this tale when he makes it his business to solve the slayings. The characters he encounters in Dorchester, with their distinctive accents and colorful pasts, make this mystery not only thrilling, but wildly entertaining.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:35 -0400)

A man is murdered in Boston by crucifixion, recalling a similar murder 20 years earlier for which a killer is serving time in prison. So it can't be him, or can it? As bodies pile up PIs Angela Dimassi Gennaro and Patrick Kenzie go to work. By the author of A Drink Before the War.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,191,015 books! | Top bar: Always visible