Buio prendimi per mano by Lehane Dennis

Buio prendimi per mano (1996)

by Lehane Dennis, Crepax Luciana (Translator)

Member:saintwo2005
Title:Buio prendimi per mano
Authors:Lehane Dennis
Other authors:Crepax Luciana (Translator)
Info:
Tags:2000, gialli

Darkness, Take My Hand by Dennis Lehane (1996)

English (36)  Swedish (2)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  All languages (40)
I really like Lehane. His work is very dark, very intense but somehow doesn't put me off. Maybe it's because his characters aren't heroes and they never pretend to be. They get scared, they have doubts, they eff up. They're infinitely human. I had figured out the whodunit part far before the end, but it didn't detract in the least from the story. ( )
  AliceAnna | Oct 15, 2014 |
Dennis Lehane is an amazing storyteller. I met him once...I told him that the first book of his that I read was "The Given Day" and that I then had to go back and read the rest of his novels. He seemed surprised that the thrillers were not the books that hooked me to his writing, but pleased, too. I'm not much of a thriller reader, at least not anymore, but I finished this book in just over 24 hours. I couldn't put it down. It's violent and frightening, which I don't like, but it's worth all that to just read Lehane's stories. ( )
  carebear10712 | Oct 14, 2014 |
This story is the second in a series of books, and I didn’t read the first one. The good news is you really don’t need to have read the first to enjoy this book. There are references to the earlier book, but no spoilers. This is a dark tale of gangs, love, serial killers, and loyalty. The hero struggles to protect everyone he loves. ( )
  Perrywilson | Jun 30, 2014 |
Lehane is an excellent writer. His books, while dark and very violent, are engrossing. You get pulled into the lives of the primary character and feel you are living the experiences with them. The primary characters are well developed, even if a bit over the top. ( )
  labdaddy4 | May 18, 2014 |
Very dark, disturbing story but Lehane's writing is so outstanding that I read on anyway. The two protags, Kenzie and Gennaro, are terrific and have a unique relationship that makes a great subplot.
I can't praise Lehane's writing skill highly enough. Read him. ( )
  ChrisNorbury | Apr 17, 2014 |
We should be thankful we cannot see the horrors and degradations lying around our childhood, in cupboards and bookshelves, everywhere.
--Graham Greene, The Power and the Glory
This novel is dedicated to Mal Ellenburg and Sterling Watson for a thousand good arguments about the nature of the craft and the nature or the beast.
When I was a kid, my father took me up on the roof of a freshly burned building.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380726289, Mass Market Paperback)

In Darkness, Take My Hand, Dennis Lehane gives readers an authentic view of the Boston suburb of Dorchester, the scene of A Drink Before the War, winner of the Shamus Award from the Private Eye Writers of America. Dorchester, a solid blue-collar town with no shortage of good spots at which to sully up to the bar for a beer, is tarnished by a 20-year string of strangely similar killings. Patrick Kenzie, a local, becomes the improbable hero of this tale when he makes it his business to solve the slayings. The characters he encounters in Dorchester, with their distinctive accents and colorful pasts, make this mystery not only thrilling, but wildly entertaining.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:01 -0400)

A man is murdered in Boston by crucifixion, recalling a similar murder 20 years earlier for which a killer is serving time in prison. So it can't be him, or can it? As bodies pile up PIs Angela Dimassi Gennaro and Patrick Kenzie go to work. By the author of A Drink Before the War.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,420,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible