Girl, 15, Charming but Insane by Sue Limb

Girl, 15, Charming but Insane

by Sue Limb

4192625,318 (3.77)1 / 15

I listened to this on CD and it was hilarious. A dramatic, British teen-age girl and the "tragedy" of her everyday life. The ending is teen-mush, but up until that I laughed quite a bit. Teens, of course, won't think the ending is dorky. ( )
  SaraMSLIS | Jan 26, 2016 |
Not a bad coming of age book, but for me it lacked substance and humour. I think it might have been better if Jess had told the story rather than having a third person narration. I could see similarities to Bridget Jones but for a much younger audience. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
There's a lot of average chick lit for teens out there - but this one is fantastic. Jess Jordan is a truly loveable and entertaining character of the Bridget Jones/Elizabeth Bennet ilk, with whom we share the glorious highs and hideously embarrassing lows of being 15. Addictive reading - I loved this book and didn't want it to end! ( )
  MaggyFarrell | Aug 15, 2014 |
I loved this book! It's not like most books I've read, but it was really funny! I didn't really like the main character (jess) very much, she wasn't exactly bright, but her adventures were fun to follow. I would definitely recommend this book! ( )
  indiaO | Jun 26, 2013 |

Arch and amusing. Limb sometimes seems to be writing for an adult audience. Silly plot that manages to be universal. I read several bits aloud.
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044023896X, Mass Market Paperback)

Like any self-respecting girl her age, Jess wants to be devastatingly gorgeous, popular, and intelligent. But unfortunately, her best friend, Flora, has beaten her to it. Now Jess needs a new focus. The stunningly gorgeous Ben Jones seems the obvious choice. But can Ben Jones focus on anything that takes longer than a free kick? Perhaps Fred, who's sweet and clever but really needs a haircut, will help Jess through her teen-life crisis. But what of Flora's long-held secret crush? With her particular combination of charm and insanity, Jess heroically tries to keep it all together—with hilarious results.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:44 -0400)

Fifteen-year-old Jess, living with her mum, separated from her father in Cornwall, and with a best friend who seems to do everything perfectly, finds her own assets through humor.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,854,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible