Girl, 15, Charming but Insane by Sue Limb

Girl, 15, Charming but Insane

by Sue Limb

3922427,329 (3.82)1 / 15

There's a lot of average chick lit for teens out there - but this one is fantastic. Jess Jordan is a truly loveable and entertaining character of the Bridget Jones/Elizabeth Bennet ilk, with whom we share the glorious highs and hideously embarrassing lows of being 15. Addictive reading - I loved this book and didn't want it to end! ( )
  MaggyFarrell | Aug 15, 2014 |
I loved this book! It's not like most books I've read, but it was really funny! I didn't really like the main character (jess) very much, she wasn't exactly bright, but her adventures were fun to follow. I would definitely recommend this book! ( )
  indiaO | Jun 26, 2013 |

Arch and amusing. Limb sometimes seems to be writing for an adult audience. Silly plot that manages to be universal. I read several bits aloud.
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
This is actually the second time I've read this, but I enjoyed it even more this time. This would be great for those who love the Georgia Nicholson books even though it's not in a diary style. Now I have to try and get my hands on the other two in this trilogy. ( )
  JenJ. | Mar 31, 2013 |
There is considerable wit in this one, but all of the reactions to circumstances just didn't ring true. Jess obsesses and interprets incorrectly most of the straightforward happenings, and then blows off the more important stuff. Even with Kellgren at the helm, this was a frustrating listen.
  2wonderY | Feb 25, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044023896X, Mass Market Paperback)

Like any self-respecting girl her age, Jess wants to be devastatingly gorgeous, popular, and intelligent. But unfortunately, her best friend, Flora, has beaten her to it. Now Jess needs a new focus. The stunningly gorgeous Ben Jones seems the obvious choice. But can Ben Jones focus on anything that takes longer than a free kick? Perhaps Fred, who's sweet and clever but really needs a haircut, will help Jess through her teen-life crisis. But what of Flora's long-held secret crush? With her particular combination of charm and insanity, Jess heroically tries to keep it all together—with hilarious results.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:36 -0400)

Fifteen-year-old Jess, living with her mum, separated from her father in Cornwall, and with a best friend who seems to do everything perfectly, finds her own assets through humor.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,717,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible