A Fool and His Honey by Charlaine Harris

A Fool and His Honey (1999)

by Charlaine Harris

On returning home from a party, sleuthing librarian Aurora Teagarden of Georgia finds visiting niece Regina missing, Regina's husband slain with a hatchet, and their baby hidden under a bed.

Not as cozy as her other books but worth reading if you like the Aurora Teargarden series. I listened to the audio version. The narrator is good didn't even try to do accents. ( )
  KateSavage | Mar 29, 2019 |
Why did I finish this book? It was a Monday evening, I was bored, nothing else to read....really, I have no excuse. I like Harris' supernatural series, but despite her story telling skills, this was annoying -- the two main characters (husband and wife) seemed to spend the whole time squabbling, and after a gruesome murder on their property, get a baby dumped on them. Instead of notifying the authorities about the baby, they grumpily take him on a road trip to find his family. The squabbling and resentment were actually pretty well written, but who wants to read about it? The author must have been as annoyed by the husband as I was, since she kills him off. This was the most satisfying part of the book. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
Wow! I have to say I think that was the best one yet of this series! There were some great twists that really amped this story up. I do have to say that the little storyline with drugs being snuck into people's things in Lawrenceton was unnecessary to the story though. ( )
  pennma05 | Jan 29, 2018 |
I enjoyed this book but I was bummed at the end. I won't say why because it might spoil it for those who haven't read the book. The format was similar to previous books about Aurora Teagarden. I like her book character almost better than the Hallmark TV character. A little more flawed but still likeable. ( )
  bcrowl399 | Dec 18, 2017 |
Did not like it. ( )
  TanyaRead | Nov 18, 2017 |
For my family--my mother, father, husband, and children--who sustain me in all that I do. Without you, it would hardly be worth doing.
The day everything went rotten was the day the woodman went crazy in my backyard.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,624,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible