A Fool and His Honey by Charlaine Harris

A Fool and His Honey (original 1999; edition 2012)

by Charlaine Harris

Info:Gollancz (2012), Edition: Mass Market Paperback, Paperback, 224 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:mystery, USA, read in 2012, series

A Fool And His Honey by Charlaine Harris (1999)

Happily married, Martin and Aurora find them selves stuck with a nieces baby. They have to find out who's baby it is, why it was left and how do they care for it. The answers are back at Martin's farm house where things go from bad to worse, a dead father, a missing mother, and a terrible heartbreak in their future. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Part-time Librarian Aurora Teagarden is perplexed when her husband's niece, Regina, shows up unannounced on their doorstep with a baby. When Regina's husband is murdered her own backyard and Regina disappears Aurora is literally left holding the baby whilst trying to solve all the twists and turns of this mystery. A nice read. ( )
  DebbieMcCauley | Nov 14, 2014 |
I don't think I liked this book. The people are all unlikeable, most particularly the main character. She really is just selfish and whines a lot. I appreciated one of the characters actually saying this to her face, but it doesn't seem to have helped as the author kept her very unpleasant. Also, how incredibly stupid to not go to the police with everything. You find someone you don't know in your house after someone is killed on your property? Call the police! You figure out the baby you aren't particularly enjoying caring for may have been taken? Call the police! Just, stupid decision after stupid decision. Plus, nobody really knows anybody else in this book--how can they be that emotionally invested? And the end just seemed a convenient way for the author to get out of a corner she had boxed herself into. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
On the whole, I enjoyed the book and thought it was pretty well written - with the exception of one event. That event sort of ruined the whole book for me. Out of all of the Aurora Teagarden books, this one was my least favorite. ( )
  TnTexas | Mar 31, 2013 |
an enjoyable quick read ( )
  rolyat | Jun 22, 2010 |
For my family--my mother, father, husband, and children--who sustain me in all that I do. Without you, it would hardly be worth doing.
The day everything went rotten was the day the woodman went crazy in my backyard.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425226395, Mass Market Paperback)

Aurora’s been around long enough to know that when a day starts out with your handyman going crazy in your front yard, it probably won’t get any better. Sure enough, her husband Martin’s niece Regina shows up with a baby whom no one knew she was expecting. Then she disappears, leaving behind the child—and a murdered husband. To find her, Roe and Martin retrace her steps from sunny Georgia back to snowy Ohio, where they will uncover dark family secrets—at their own peril.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:27 -0400)

On returning home from a party, sleuthing librarian Aurora Teagarden of Georgia finds visiting niece Regina missing, Regina's husband slain with a hatchet, and their baby hidden under a bed.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,457,316 books! | Top bar: Always visible