A Fool and His Honey by Charlaine Harris

A Fool and His Honey (original 1999; edition 2012)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:Pigletto
Title:A Fool and His Honey
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Gollancz (2012), Edition: Mass Market Paperback, Paperback, 224 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:mystery, usa, read in 2012, series

A Fool and His Honey by Charlaine Harris (1999)

Recently added byChewDigest, lavecchiastrega, dmerrell, booksmurf, Maddz, private library, FlowerFairy

I don't think I liked this book. The people are all unlikeable, most particularly the main character. She really is just selfish and whines a lot. I appreciated one of the characters actually saying this to her face, but it doesn't seem to have helped as the author kept her very unpleasant. Also, how incredibly stupid to not go to the police with everything. You find someone you don't know in your house after someone is killed on your property? Call the police! You figure out the baby you aren't particularly enjoying caring for may have been taken? Call the police! Just, stupid decision after stupid decision. Plus, nobody really knows anybody else in this book--how can they be that emotionally invested? And the end just seemed a convenient way for the author to get out of a corner she had boxed herself into. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
On the whole, I enjoyed the book and thought it was pretty well written - with the exception of one event. That event sort of ruined the whole book for me. Out of all of the Aurora Teagarden books, this one was my least favorite. ( )
  TnTexas | Mar 31, 2013 |
an enjoyable quick read ( )
  rolyat | Jun 22, 2010 |
I thought this was one of the best thought out of the Aurora Teagarden mysteries. Aurora and her husband Martin find themselves with a baby, a dead body, and a missing niece. Although the niece had claimed the baby her and her husband's Aurora has her doubts. You can't tell much more of a synopsis with spoiling a mystery plot as each scene tends to unravel some more information. The book is now 11 years old and Harris's fans are still reeling from the ending of this one. *SPOILER* (Although others have spoiled the same thing throughout the majority of the reviews on Amazon) The death at the end of this book shocked many readers. Yes, it was surprising. I always had thought Martin wasn't quite right for Roe. I think she has something better coming to her. Martin was ok, but he kept too many secrets and he acted more bothered by Roe than anything else. Overall, this mystery was engaging and parts of the resolution I expected and yet other events were completely unexpected. There is a lot of depth to Roe's character here. We truly get to see her come off in a less than nice light...it was realistic however in that she was annoyed with having to care for a baby one minute, and then almost in love with it the next. Her friend nailed it to when she complained that Roe was a tad spoiled or selfish. There are only two books left for this series and I look forward to reading them. I hope Roe gets a HEA...this just sure wasn't it. ( )
  pacey1927 | Jun 22, 2010 |
I have to say I like this one of the Aurora Teagardens better than most; maybe it was the introspection or how angry she was about having a kicking, screaming, pooping baby dumped on her doorstep that the semi-saintly Martin was oblivious to. Maybe it was that Martin actually unbent enough to notice that she needed help with said baby. Maybe it was the wacky Regina and Rory...whatever it was, I really liked this one. ( )
  ccrown | Jun 6, 2010 |
For my family--my mother, father, husband, and children--who sustain me in all that I do. Without you, it would hardly be worth doing.
The day everything went rotten was the day the woodman went crazy in my backyard.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425226395, Mass Market Paperback)

Aurora’s been around long enough to know that when a day starts out with your handyman going crazy in your front yard, it probably won’t get any better. Sure enough, her husband Martin’s niece Regina shows up with a baby whom no one knew she was expecting. Then she disappears, leaving behind the child—and a murdered husband. To find her, Roe and Martin retrace her steps from sunny Georgia back to snowy Ohio, where they will uncover dark family secrets—at their own peril.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:43 -0400)

On returning home from a party, sleuthing librarian Aurora Teagarden of Georgia finds visiting niece Regina missing, Regina's husband slain with a hatchet, and their baby hidden under a bed.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,977,898 books! | Top bar: Always visible