Disclosure by Michael Crichton

Disclosure (original 1993; edition 1994)

by Michael Crichton

3,442None1,555 (3.4)21
Member:InigoMontoya
Title:Disclosure
Authors:Michael Crichton
Info:Arrow (1994), Paperback, 456 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:Main, Fiction

Disclosure by Michael Crichton (1993)

Recently added byWHAuden120, rlangston, olgaroederer
adventure (12) American (10) business (17) computers (12) Crichton (21) drama (11) ebook (19) fiction (446) first edition (13) hardcover (15) legal (14) legal thriller (10) made into movie (20) Michael Crichton (21) movie (14) mystery (66) novel (59) own (12) paperback (21) pb (11) read (51) science fiction (27) Seattle (12) sex (9) sexual harassment (46) suspense (51) thriller (180) to-read (24) unread (25) virtual reality (10)

English (25)  Spanish (1)  All languages (26)
The book starts pretty slow, but if you stick around long enough it becomes quite interesting. It took me few months to read first 50-80 pages, and just a couple of days to finish rest of the 400 pages. ( )
  aqeeliz | Mar 7, 2014 |
Crichton is one of my favorite sci-fi authors. This novel is a good suspense/thriller with topical interest (sexual harassment), but little to no science... Perhaps if I had expected that, I'd be rating it higher. ( )
  leslie.98 | Jun 26, 2013 |
Part of the reason it took me so long to read this book is because ... I had no real care to finish it, if I'm to be honest. Many, many, many times I said, "Do I really care? I could just not read it at all and go on to something else..." But, apparently, I really did care! I kept reading it when I wanted to. I would read, like, 3 paragraphs or a chapter ... never a whole lot. To some degree the suspense killed me. I just could not believe how *stupid* (arrogant?) Sanders was! I wanted to see just how bad it got. Then, in the middle of "Wednesday," I could not put the book down!

It got *so* freakin' good! I was carrying the book around with me whenever I had to do something -- laundry is done? I'm reading the book as I'm walking downstairs. Coffee's done? I'm reading while sipping my coffee. It was so good!! But ... how good was it really? It took me forever to read!

But it was really good, it was. The sexual harassment and the 1 paragraph that describes how just the accusation of being sexually abused or harassed can ruin someone's life, and how men have had to become so cautious, even with their own kids ... *That* alone is reason to read this book!! It is so freakin' true!!

Adrianne ( )
1 vote Adrianne_p | Dec 27, 2012 |
קריא מאוד אבל דרק. ספר שמיוצר במכונה לפי נוסחה ומו​דבק בתפרים גסים ובולטים. מעשה בהטרדה מינית שבה המו​טרד הוא גבר. הכל מתרחש בתעשיית ההיטק בין קופרטינו ​לסיאטל ומכאן חלק מן העניין בספר.​ ( )
  amoskovacs | Dec 25, 2011 |
A taut and satisfying story of corporate malfeasance, sexual harassment and cover-ups, in which Tom Sanders, a moving-on-up executive at a Seattle tech company, becomes the victim of a sexual pass by his new boss, a former lover. When he makes a formal complaint he finds himself accused of the misconduct, and as he struggles to fight the gossip and assumptions of guilt that pervade his company, he discovers that the harassment is only a means to achieving a larger, more sinister end. A good, quickly-moving story written at a time when the glass ceiling was a lot thicker than now, and corporate sexual harassment was more likely to be considered one of the perks of power. ( )
  burnit99 | Aug 8, 2011 |
For Douglas Crichton
Tom Sanders never intended to be late for work on Monday, June 15.
Het is een werkgever niet toegestaan: (I) enige persoon werkgelegenheid te onthouden dan wel te ontslaan of anderszins enige persoon te discrimineren voor zover het zijn vergoeding, arbeidstijden, arbeidsvoorwaarden of uit deze arbeid voortvloeiende voordelen betreft, op grond van ras, huidkleur, godsdienst, geslacht of nationale herkomst van die persoon of (2) zijn werknemers of sollicitanten naar werk op enigerlei wijze te beperken, te scheiden of in te delen in categorieën op wat voor wijze dan ook, zodanig dat enig persoon werkgelegenheid wordt onthouden of dreigt te worden onthouden of anderszins zijn staat van werknemer schade wordt toegebracht op grond van ras, huidkleur, godsdienst, geslacht of nationale herkomst van die persoon (Titel VII, Wet op de burgerrechten van 1964) Macht is niet mannelijk en niet vrouwelijk (Katharine Graham)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345391055, Mass Market Paperback)

"Expertly crafted, ingenious and absorbing." The Philadelphia Inquirer.
The #1 Bestseller by the author of "Jurassic Park." As he did in "Rising Sun," Crichton focuses on a topic as close as today's newspaper headlines: sexual harassment.
Tom Sanders is an up-and-coming executive at the computer firm DigiCom. When his new boss turns out to be a woman who is both his former lover and a business rival, Sanders determines to be professional. But after a closed-door meeting, the woman accuses him of sexual harassment. It's her word against his, and suddenly Sanders finds himself caught in a nightmarish web of deceit in which he is branded as the villian. As he scrambles to save his career and his reputation, Sanders uncovers an electronic trail into DigiCom's secrets . . . and the cynical scheme devised to bring him down.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:10 -0400)

An accusation of sexual harassment threatens a man's career in the cutthroat computer industry, and when he attempts to defend himself, he uncovers some damaging company secrets.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,456,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible