Disclosure by Michael Crichton

Disclosure (original 1993; edition 1994)

by Michael Crichton

Member:InigoMontoya
Title:Disclosure
Authors:Michael Crichton
Info:Arrow (1994), Paperback, 456 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:Main, Fiction

Disclosure by Michael Crichton (1993)

Recently added bychrissilu68, fabhh72, GSB68, DEE.TRIVEDI, peterpetcarp, Skylles, private library

English (33)  Spanish (1)  Hebrew (1)  German (1)  All languages (36)
Very good book. It's my first by Michael Crichton, and now I want to read more. It was one of this month's selections (didi not win) for one of my book clubs. I could hardly put the book down, because I wanted to know what was going to happen! ( )
  sandra.k.heinzman | Apr 2, 2015 |
Book is about office politics and sexual harassment...based on real story. Both heroes and villains are believable. And, it's about high tech 20 years ago. I saw the movie about 10 years ago and thought that I recalled the plot--but it was different than I recall...better. In my opinion, the theme/lesson is that anyone can throw out the sexual harassment flag, is instantly believed, and it shouldn't be so. ( )
1 vote buffalogr | Dec 12, 2014 |
For Douglas Crichton
Tom Sanders never intended to be late for work on Monday, June 15.
Het is een werkgever niet toegestaan: (I) enige persoon werkgelegenheid te onthouden dan wel te ontslaan of anderszins enige persoon te discrimineren voor zover het zijn vergoeding, arbeidstijden, arbeidsvoorwaarden of uit deze arbeid voortvloeiende voordelen betreft, op grond van ras, huidkleur, godsdienst, geslacht of nationale herkomst van die persoon of (2) zijn werknemers of sollicitanten naar werk op enigerlei wijze te beperken, te scheiden of in te delen in categorieën op wat voor wijze dan ook, zodanig dat enig persoon werkgelegenheid wordt onthouden of dreigt te worden onthouden of anderszins zijn staat van werknemer schade wordt toegebracht op grond van ras, huidkleur, godsdienst, geslacht of nationale herkomst van die persoon (Titel VII, Wet op de burgerrechten van 1964) Macht is niet mannelijk en niet vrouwelijk (Katharine Graham)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345391055, Mass Market Paperback)

"Expertly crafted, ingenious and absorbing." The Philadelphia Inquirer.
The #1 Bestseller by the author of "Jurassic Park." As he did in "Rising Sun," Crichton focuses on a topic as close as today's newspaper headlines: sexual harassment.
Tom Sanders is an up-and-coming executive at the computer firm DigiCom. When his new boss turns out to be a woman who is both his former lover and a business rival, Sanders determines to be professional. But after a closed-door meeting, the woman accuses him of sexual harassment. It's her word against his, and suddenly Sanders finds himself caught in a nightmarish web of deceit in which he is branded as the villian. As he scrambles to save his career and his reputation, Sanders uncovers an electronic trail into DigiCom's secrets . . . and the cynical scheme devised to bring him down.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:10 -0400)

An accusation of sexual harassment threatens a man's career in the cutthroat computer industry, and when he attempts to defend himself, he uncovers some damaging company secrets.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,166,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible