Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders) by…

Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders) (edition 2009)

by Lorelei James

Member:KrisinKW
Title:Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders)
Authors:Lorelei James
Info:Samhain Publishing (2009), Paperback, 260 pages
Collections:2012, Your library
Rating:***

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei James

Man, this book was sexy and hot as hell. the story was just like a contemporary romance but with all the sweetness that are these yummy cowboys and their proper manners. I loved that AJ didn't just settle for anything and that she went for exactly what she wanted or it wouldn't be good enough, the girl's got some backbone. And then there's Cord, with all his McKay fame trailing behind, and he was just so sweet and dominant and all around YUM! Great story. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Guess I'm not a "cowboy fan." Okay story but Cowboys don't really do it for me I guess. I din't hate it but I didn't love it either. And my god I could not keep all the Cades and Colts and Chases and Codys, etc etc etc straight!!! ( )
  KrisinKW | Dec 20, 2012 |
2011, March 11

I love this series of books. Each one is better than the last. I just wish that there were more real cowboys out there that were like these men. I have a real weak stop of a dominate Alpha male and Cord fills that bill to perfection. AJ, Amy Jo, is the perfect match for this hot sexy cowboy. The last few chapters had me crying and hoping that things would work out for these two very strong people that were so much in need of love. This was a very good, well written story that I was once again sad to see come to an end. If you have read these books you really need to, especially if you like hot alpha male cowboys.

2014, October 12

This story isn't just a story about the relationship that forms between Cord McKay and AJ Foster. It is a book about addiction and the terrible things that can happen when that addiction goes unchecked. It is about custody battles between divorced spouses and how effects the child and the parent with sole custody. It is about the loss of a childhood home because the child can’t keep up the ranch when a parent has become incapable of doing all the chores. It is about parents becoming infirmed and having to deal with the thoughts of losing one’s parents. It is also about the death of a family member and how it can affect everyone in different ways. Finally it is about the joys and heartbreak of children and how they can make life so wonderful and so hard at the same time.

The main purpose of this story is the romance that will develop between Cord McKay and AJ Foster. Cord is still smarting over his divorce from Marla. She left him twice when she was forced to realize that she could tolerate life in the middle of nowhere Wyoming. I am a little surprised that Cord would be taken in by a city girl with no experience living in the country. I know that there are a lot of people that think that living on the ranch is all fun and games. When they realize the back breaking, never ending work that goes into running a ranch they high tail it for the hills. Back to Cord. Cord loves the land and he loves ranching, well loves it as much as any rancher. He is the oldest child of his family as well as the bigger McKay family and as such the one that takes on the most responsibility. He tries to take care of everyone, his son, his brothers, his cousins, his uncles and aunts and finally his parents. Cord is stubborn, arrogant at times and in control. He is a dominant man that likes kinky sex and dominant games with the right person. He is intelligent and has a wonderful imagination. Cord is my favorite of the McKay men. He is also what I know a real cowboy can be.

Amy Jo “AJ” Foster is the youngest child of the Foster family. She was a surprise baby. She hasn't had an easy time in her short life. When her Dad had a heart attack when she was thirteen she took over running the 'ranch so no one would know that her Dad couldn't do it any longer. She didn't have much of a life during her teens being too tired to get into any real trouble. When she was five Cord rescued her after she fell off her pony. It was love at first sight and that love has stuck around for all this time. When she graduates from high school she is determined to go to school and make a life for herself. Wyoming is her home and she is determined to find a way to stay when her mother sells the ranch. AJ is intelligent and feisty. There is little she won’t try when she finally starts having sex and that pleases Cord very much.

There are parts of this book that are very sad, the death of a cousin and reading about Colt downward spiral into addiction are the worst parts. There are also some funny and heartwarming parts like the bachelorette party for a friend of AJ and getting to see the twins of Cash and Gemma. We also find out that both Channing and Macie are pregnant. Macie is looking to open a restaurant in Sundance. We meet Skylar and India both future wives of the McKay clan. This series of book is unique in my limited reading experience. Why you might ask? Because they are about a family and all that entails. It is also about the friends that can make life in small town Wyoming or any other state better and fuller. The whipped cream on this pie is the blazing hot sex that Cord and AJ have throughout this story. It is imaginative and thrilling. This is a wonderfully written story with bigger than life characters that you long to find out what their story will be and how soon you are going to get that story. ( )
  LadyIsis | Mar 11, 2011 |
Another smoking hot story from Lorelei James. "Cowgirl Up and Ride" continues her Rough Riders series with the tale of Amy Jo, now AJ, and Cord.

Cord is the older brother who's divorced and a single parent. While he certainly doesn't shun women, he's also past the point of 'crazy McKay deeds' like his younger relatives. Now he spends his time working the ranch and raising his son...and he's vowed to never get involved emotionally with another woman.

Amy Jo is an adult now so call her AJ. She's been in lust with Cord for as long as she can remember. Of course, he just thinks of her as his younger sister's buddy or his babysitter. But if it's the last thing AJ does, she's determined he'll see her as a woman. After all, she's been saving herself for him, and if he can't see what a great gal she is...then he just doesn't deserve her!

There's a LOT of sex in this book. No really, a LOT. And it's all hot. Cord is dominant and AJ is the perfect foil for him. Reading about the gradual progression in their feelings as they embark on their sexcapades was very enjoyable. This is another one that's going on the keeper shelf with the rest of the series. ( )
  jjmachshev | Feb 16, 2009 |

Goody-two boots AJ Foster has waited her entire life for Cord McKay to see her as more than a girl in pigtails. Now that she's old enough, she's pulling out all the sexual stops and riding hell-bent for leatherstraight for his libido. Divorced rancher Cord has sworn off women]]until innocent AJ suggests he teach her how to ride barebackand he realizes she doesn't mean horses or bulls. Busy with the responsibilities of running a ranch and riding herd on his rambunctious family, Cord agrees to take AJ up on her offeron a trial basis.

Goody-two boots AJ Foster has waited her entire life for Cord McKay to see her as more than a girl in pigtails. Now that she's old enough, she's pulling out all the sexual stops and riding hell-bent for leather straight for his libido. Divorced rancher Cord has sworn off women until innocent AJ suggests he teach her how to ride bareback and he realizes she doesn't mean horses or bulls. Busy with the responsibilities of running a ranch and riding herd on his rambunctious family, Cord agrees to take AJ up on her offeron a trial basis.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,369,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible