Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders) by…

Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders) (edition 2009)

by Lorelei James

Member:KrisinKW
Title:Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders)
Authors:Lorelei James
Info:Samhain Publishing (2009), Paperback, 260 pages
Collections:2012, Your library
Rating:***

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei James

Man, this book was sexy and hot as hell. the story was just like a contemporary romance but with all the sweetness that are these yummy cowboys and their proper manners. I loved that AJ didn't just settle for anything and that she went for exactly what she wanted or it wouldn't be good enough, the girl's got some backbone. And then there's Cord, with all his McKay fame trailing behind, and he was just so sweet and dominant and all around YUM! Great story. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Guess I'm not a "cowboy fan." Okay story but Cowboys don't really do it for me I guess. I din't hate it but I didn't love it either. And my god I could not keep all the Cades and Colts and Chases and Codys, etc etc etc straight!!! ( )
  KrisinKW | Dec 20, 2012 |
I love this series of books. Each one is better than the last. I just wish that there were more real cowboys out there that were like these men. I have a real weak stop of a dominate Alpha male and Cord fills that bill to perfection. AJ, Amy Jo, is the perfect match for this hot sexy cowboy. The last few chapters had me crying and hoping that things would work out for these two very strong people that were so much in need of love. This was a very good, well written story that I was once again sad to see come to an end. If you have read these books you really need to, especially if you like hot alpha male cowboys. ( )
  LadyIsis | Mar 11, 2011 |
Another smoking hot story from Lorelei James. "Cowgirl Up and Ride" continues her Rough Riders series with the tale of Amy Jo, now AJ, and Cord.

Cord is the older brother who's divorced and a single parent. While he certainly doesn't shun women, he's also past the point of 'crazy McKay deeds' like his younger relatives. Now he spends his time working the ranch and raising his son...and he's vowed to never get involved emotionally with another woman.

Amy Jo is an adult now so call her AJ. She's been in lust with Cord for as long as she can remember. Of course, he just thinks of her as his younger sister's buddy or his babysitter. But if it's the last thing AJ does, she's determined he'll see her as a woman. After all, she's been saving herself for him, and if he can't see what a great gal she is...then he just doesn't deserve her!

There's a LOT of sex in this book. No really, a LOT. And it's all hot. Cord is dominant and AJ is the perfect foil for him. Reading about the gradual progression in their feelings as they embark on their sexcapades was very enjoyable. This is another one that's going on the keeper shelf with the rest of the series. ( )
  jjmachshev | Feb 16, 2009 |

Goody-two boots AJ Foster has waited her entire life for Cord McKay to see her as more than a girl in pigtails. Now that she's old enough, she's pulling out all the sexual stops and riding hell-bent for leatherstraight for his libido. Divorced rancher Cord has sworn off women]]until innocent AJ suggests he teach her how to ride barebackand he realizes she doesn't mean horses or bulls. Busy with the responsibilities of running a ranch and riding herd on his rambunctious family, Cord agrees to take AJ up on her offeron a trial basis.

Goody-two boots AJ Foster has waited her entire life for Cord McKay to see her as more than a girl in pigtails. Now that she's old enough, she's pulling out all the sexual stops and riding hell-bent for leather straight for his libido. Divorced rancher Cord has sworn off women until innocent AJ suggests he teach her how to ride bareback and he realizes she doesn't mean horses or bulls. Busy with the responsibilities of running a ranch and riding herd on his rambunctious family, Cord agrees to take AJ up on her offeron a trial basis.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,649,259 books! | Top bar: Always visible