When the Bough Breaks (Alex Delaware Novels)…

When the Bough Breaks (Alex Delaware Novels) (original 1985; edition 1993)

by Jonathan Kellerman

Title:When the Bough Breaks (Alex Delaware Novels)
Authors:Jonathan Kellerman
Info:Bantam (1993), Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Collections:Your library, Store, Read but unowned

When the Bough Breaks by Jonathan Kellerman (1985)

English (25)  Spanish (1)  All languages (26)
Alex Delaware, murder mystery ( )
  Mariebart | Jan 8, 2015 |
First book in the Alex Delaware and it was a good beginning. The story was well written and the relationship between Alex and Milo is intersting. Good book. ( )
  dom76 | Jan 7, 2015 |
KIndle, mystery ( )
  krv64 | Apr 17, 2014 |
I listened to the audiobook version of this. I enjoyed it even though the topic is so twisted and sick. I will be reading more Alex Delaware books in the future. I will try to find them in print or ebook rather than audio though so I can skim over the excessive use of certain profanities. ( )
  Barb_H | Feb 13, 2014 |
Relatively interesting plot, although really unbelievable. Characters are interesting, likeable. Not sure I find it entertaining enough to get myself involved in the series, but I was kept interested enough to keep turning the pages (well, figuratively, since I was listening to the audiobook.) Middle-of-the-road for the genre. ( )
  TerriBooks | Oct 29, 2013 |
To Faye, Jesse and Rachel
It was shaping up as a beautiful morning.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345466608, Mass Market Paperback)

In the first Alex Delaware novel, Dr.  Morton Handler practiced a strange brand of psychiatry.  Among his specialties were fraud, extortion, and  sexual manipulation. Handler paid for his sins when  he was brutally murdered in his luxurious Pacific  Palisades apartment. The police have no leads, but  they do have one possible witness: seven-year-old  Melody Quinn.

It's psychologist Dr. Alex  Delaware's job to try to unlock the terrible secret  buried in Melody's memory. But as the sinister  shadows in the girl's mind begin to take shape, Alex  discovers that the mystery touches a shocking  incident in his own past.

This connection is  only the beginning, a single link in a  forty-year-old conspiracy. And behind it lies an unspeakable  evil that Alex Delaware must expose before it  claims another innocent victim: Melody Quinn.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:28 -0400)

Child psychologist Alex Delaware examines a disturbed young girl and uncovers evidence of a brutal double murder, a child molester's grisly suicide, and a horrible forty-year old secret that continues to have an effect today.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,857,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible