Christine (French Edition) by Stephen King

Christine (French Edition) (original 1983; edition 2001)

by Stephen King

Member:MyBookishWays
Title:Christine (French Edition)
Authors:Stephen King
Info:LGF (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 411 pages
Rating:*****

Christine by Stephen King (1983)

English (60)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (64)
You will be very careful how you treat your car after reading this. It is a pity that no one writes like this horror anymore. Even Stephen King himself. "Christine" is a perfect round-the-camp-fire story with chilling moments, incredibly real characters and a sad, very sad feeling washing over you. It is a classic horror story. 5 bright, shiny stars! ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Dennis Guilder tells the story of his friend Arnie a social outcast who falls in love with Christine, a car. Christine is sold to Arnie by an unpleasant man who soon dies. Christine is in tough shape but she soon begins being repaired at a very fast rate. A good creepy story by King. I love how King gets you invested in the characters. I really felt for Arnie even when he was acting like a jerk. ( )
1 vote RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
I thought I knew what to expect from this book. I thought I knew the overall plot - Christine, a sentient car, becomes a homicidal vehicle. It's so much more than that. I'm rather shocked at the amount of depth given to the characters, the development of personalities, the unfolding of the plot, the subtle nuances...it's somewhat incredible. ( )
1 vote benuathanasia | Nov 19, 2015 |
This novel is like a bad date: fat and shallow. There are no cleverly expounded themes. It just gabbles on at great length saying really nothing, and saying it in far more words than are technically required. There is only one really interesting scene - the conversation between George LeBay and Dennis. Why such a fuss is made about how Arnie hurt his back is beyond me, and will probably be beyond you as well, when you find out how. This novel should be a couple of hundred pages with the story distilled into a few relevant scenes.

On the other hand, it's incredibly easy to read, and it's not unpleasant to do so. King's voice has a way of just carrying you on page after page. If you like King then it's like being with a comfortable old friend. ( )
  Lukerik | Nov 17, 2015 |
A POSSESSED car? An insanely angry 1958 Plymouth Fury named Christine that drives itself around attacking people? This time Stephen King has gone too far, I said to myself as I began to catch the drift of his eighth and latest horror novel, ''Christine.'' This time he's not going to get me the way he did in ''The Shining,'' ''The Stand,'' ''Cujo'' and his other maniacal stories. This time he's just going to leave me cold.

SEVERAL years ago Stephen King published ''Night Shift,'' a collection of short stories that had appeared in magazines before his debut as a novelist. Among them was ''Trucks,'' in which the products of Detroit's auto industry were anthropomorphized and portrayed as barbaric, homicidal and utterly antihuman. I recall the piece vividly, because Mr. King made those vehicles - all vehicles - live not only on the page but in my imagination. ''Trucks'' might also have been the inspiration for Mr. King's latest novel.

Stephen Kingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Isomursu, PenttiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hey, lookie there!
Across the street!
There's a car made just for me,
To own that car would be a luxury. . .
This is for George Romero and Chris Forrest Romero. And the Burg.
This is the story of a lover's triangle, I suppose you'd say -- Arnie Cunningham, Leigh Cabot, and, of course, Christine.

(Prologue)
"Oh my God!" my friend Arnie Cunningham cried out suddenly.
I think part of being a parent is trying to kill your kids.

Christine is no lady, but 17-year-old Arnie Cunningham loves her enough to do anything to possess her. Arnie's best friend Dennis distrusts her at first sight. Arnie's teen-queen girlfriend Leigh fears her the moment she senses her power. Arnie's parents, teachers and enemies soon learn what happens when you cross her. Christine is no lady. She is Stephen King's ulitimate, blackly evil vehicle of horror... (0-451-12838-9)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451160444, Mass Market Paperback)

HELL ON WHEELS...

It was love at first sight. From the moment seventeen-year-old Arnie Cunningham saw Christine, he knew he would do anything to possess her. But Christine is no lady. She is Stephen King's ultimate vehicle of terror

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:59 -0400)

Stephen King's tale of a possessed 1958 Plymouth Fury. Arnie buys an old Plymouth that has mystical powers to possess and destroy. She purrs like a kitten ... but watch out when she roars.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,999,294 books! | Top bar: Always visible