Christine (French Edition) by Stephen King

Christine (French Edition) (original 1983; edition 2001)

by Stephen King

Member:MyBookishWays
Title:Christine (French Edition)
Authors:Stephen King
Info:
Rating:*****

Christine by Stephen King (1983)

Recently added byprivate library, kybunnies, psykotronik, grapeapril75, Kerri2194, Avryl, auburn89, cls1000, HL84, bhd147

English (52)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (56)
I read this before I was 16, and I must be honest, I was just a little afraid I would have a car that would act like Christine did....thankfully my need for speed overtook that fear. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
When I read this book, I was dating a guy with an Apache truck. After this book, I refused to ride in the truck for a week.

Some say this was a little long winded. I say, go write your own book, then lets see who is the better author! Who would ever come up with a concept of a car coming to life, have feelings, then kill off people who betray it? I'll tell you, a sick and twisted man, Stephen King!

I loved this book. It was a great read back in 1990 when I read it. I think this book was my second Stephen King novel to read. I would suggest it to anyone! ( )
  cbilbo | Apr 8, 2014 |

cbilbo | Apr 8, 2014 |
Trip down memory lane....I first read this book in my twenties. Now in my forties and it has not lost any of its magic. Story of Arnie, the outcast teenager and his love triangle with leigh cabot and Christine, the car. Arnie is sold the '58 ford car by Roland Lebay. However, what follows changes Arnie's life as the car and Lebay take over his life body and soul. Christine is a formidable lover and does not want to lose Arnie at any cost...even if that means killing for him.

Just brilliant. So enjoyed re-reading this book and loved every minute of it. King shows how "kids are the downtrodden class." It encompasses so many themes about being a teenager: falling in love, teenage angst but on a much deeper and sinister level. ( )
  lindzjphil | Jan 21, 2014 |
A POSSESSED car? An insanely angry 1958 Plymouth Fury named Christine that drives itself around attacking people? This time Stephen King has gone too far, I said to myself as I began to catch the drift of his eighth and latest horror novel, ''Christine.'' This time he's not going to get me the way he did in ''The Shining,'' ''The Stand,'' ''Cujo'' and his other maniacal stories. This time he's just going to leave me cold.

SEVERAL years ago Stephen King published ''Night Shift,'' a collection of short stories that had appeared in magazines before his debut as a novelist. Among them was ''Trucks,'' in which the products of Detroit's auto industry were anthropomorphized and portrayed as barbaric, homicidal and utterly antihuman. I recall the piece vividly, because Mr. King made those vehicles - all vehicles - live not only on the page but in my imagination. ''Trucks'' might also have been the inspiration for Mr. King's latest novel.

Stephen Kingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Isomursu, PenttiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hey, lookie there!
Across the street!
There's a car made just for me,
To own that car would be a luxury. . .
This is for George Romero and Chris Forrest Romero. And the Burg.
This is the story of a lover's triangle, I suppose you'd say -- Arnie Cunningham, Leigh Cabot, and, of course, Christine.

(Prologue)
"Oh my God!" my friend Arnie Cunningham cried out suddenly.
I think part of being a parent is trying to kill your kids.

Christine is no lady, but 17-year-old Arnie Cunningham loves her enough to do anything to possess her. Arnie's best friend Dennis distrusts her at first sight. Arnie's teen-queen girlfriend Leigh fears her the moment she senses her power. Arnie's parents, teachers and enemies soon learn what happens when you cross her. Christine is no lady. She is Stephen King's ulitimate, blackly evil vehicle of horror... (0-451-12838-9)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451160444, Mass Market Paperback)

HELL ON WHEELS...

It was love at first sight. From the moment seventeen-year-old Arnie Cunningham saw Christine, he knew he would do anything to possess her. But Christine is no lady. She is Stephen King's ultimate vehicle of terror

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:25 -0400)

Stephen King's tale of a possessed 1958 Plymouth Fury. Arnie buys an old Plymouth that has mystical powers to possess and destroy. She purrs like a kitten ... but watch out when she roars.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,413,591 books! | Top bar: Always visible