Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King

Shawshank Redemption (1982)

by Stephen King

Series: Different Seasons (1)

This book is by far one of the best by a contemporary author. Stephen King is a remarkable story teller. I dare anyone to read this book and not root for the hero of the story. ( )
  HSContino | May 20, 2016 |
Such a wonderful book. I enjoyed this book. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Such a wonderful book. I enjoyed this book. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
While I did read this AFTER having seen Shawshank Redemption, I still loved the book. I think this is Stephen King at some of his best, even if it's not his typical horror fare. I don't think I'll ever get tired of "Red" or Andy, and it was so easy to become absorbed in their world. There's also that thrill and satisfaction of the people you're rooting for getting something good in the end. ( )
  klack128 | Oct 11, 2015 |
I love SK. In this novella he gave perfect descriptions of everything. In particular the parts with Hadley are very very good. Even Hadley's dialogue is so freaking amazing. ( )
  Marc.Ciccarella.Jr. | Mar 29, 2015 |

Stephen Kingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Muller, FrankNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There's a guy like me in every state and federal prison in America, I guess - I'm the guy who can get it for you.
This is the single novella "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption : hope springs eternal". It should not be combined with the book DIFFERENT SEASONS, which contains three other stories for the other seasons of the year in addition to this story, nor should it be combined with film adaptations or their shooting scripts.
The author is Stephen King.

In 1947, Andy Dufresne, an established banker, is wrongly imprisoned at Shawshank prison in Maine, for the murder of his wife and her secret lover. He has more brains than anyone else in the sinister slammer and has a diabolically cunning plan of revenge that no one can guess until it's far too late.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,931,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible