The Third Day, The Frost by John Marsden

The Third Day, The Frost (1996)

by John Marsden

Series: The Tomorrow Series (3)

This is like, the best series, EVER. ( )
  capriciousreader | Dec 20, 2013 |
I think I regressed to 13 year old me while reading this book. I had completely forgotten almost everything that happened in it, until near the very end - where I recalled what was coming clear as a bell. It was just as devastating this time around.

Having said that though, the twists this novel took put a nice spin on things and breaks away from what could have potentially become a monotonous pattern over seven novels. This is of course the third instalment, and while I do remember what happens at the end of the final one, I can't say I know what's about to happen next!

It's kind of nice, re-reading something but having forgotten most of the story because it has been such a long time between drinks. I don't think I'll leave it 16 years next time though, blimey.

Now I just feel old! Although I am pleased I can still read this series with pleasure. It has aged a bit (with long gone Australian stores mentioned, that felt like a blast from the past!) but it's still an enjoyable read, even if heavily tinged with nostalgia for me. ( )
  whimsicalwattle | Sep 27, 2013 |
The tone of second book in this series for some reason had a darker feel than this third book. It left me feeling a bit exhausted. I didn't react that way to this third book. I'm not sure why because this one has just as many horrible events. The ending of this book is bittersweet. I still can't wait to get my hands on the fourth novel in this series to read what happens next to Ellie and her friends. ( )
  ABShepherd | May 15, 2013 |
My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Mar 31, 2013 |

John Marsdenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lunde, Jon VegardTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The third day comes a frost, a killing frost... - King Henry VIII, William Shakespeare
'The third day comes a frost, a killing frost...'
King Henry VIII, William shakespeare
To my sister and long-time fried, Rosalind Alexander - J.M.
Tom my sister and long-time friend,
Rosalind Alexander
Sometimes I think I'd rather be frightened than bored.
You have to believe in something. That’s all.
Originally published in Australia as The Third Day, The Frost. Republished in the US as 'A Killing Frost.'

Life in the war zone enters its sixth month of heart-stopping tension in the latest installment of the internationally bestselling Tomorrow series.

In the third installment of the Tomorrow saga, the anything-to-survive existence of Ellie and her friends has sharpened their senses and emboldened their plans. They aren't merely on the defensive anymore; they're also striking back. Their strategy? Attack the enemy not just on land, but also on water. If they have any hope of sabotaging the formidable container ship at Cobbler's Bay, then stealth is a must, but so, too, is one very big explosion.
And if they fail, they may face a whole new kind of terror -- imprisonment.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:53 -0400)

Ellie and her friends are going on the offensive now, attacking the enemy on land and water. To sabotage the containersip at Cobbler's Bay, they'll need stealth and a very big explosion.

58 wanted2 pay10 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,325,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible