Isle of Swords by Wayne Thomas Batson

Isle of Swords

by Wayne Thomas Batson

121999,547 (4.25)2

This book is amazing!!! It grabbed me from the start and refused to let go! ( )
  Belac2 | May 8, 2012 |
Christian YA fantasy. Good pirates, bad pirates, hunting for hidden treasure, kidnapping, injured boy meets girl needing adventure. Great fun. Won Mom’s Prize for Fiction. ( )
  hollysing | Jul 10, 2011 |
This was a tough one. I read Isle of Swords because my son read and liked it. I try to keep up with what my kids are reading so I read their sutff from time to time. I'm always up for a good pirate story and this one was part pirate part fantasy but I wrestled with this book some. It's was just hard to see where the plot of Isle of Swords was going. Or rather, you saw where it was going but it took some odd routes getting there. I almost feel like this book would have benefitted from being longer or cut into a short series. On the whole though the finish worked. ( )
  mpolino | Dec 7, 2010 |
Isle of Swords is in my small opinion MUCH better then the `Pirates of the Caribbean'. Now before you comment that I'm SO Wrong let me explain.
The story is just as exciting and funny as the movies.

With Red Eye the sword lover, captain Ross the Scottish pirate, Stede the quartermaster, Midge the carpenter with bad breath, Nubby the one handed cook and his spoon, and Jacques St. Pierre the crazy Frenchman. Who would not LOVE the characters of this book?

The plot is good and the story has as many twist and turns as a roller coaster.
Cat the main character is found on the shore of a small cove. Who is he? Not even he knows. And who was the sick man that whipped him near to death with the cat of nine tales? Why?
The villain is one of the best ever and with the bleeding sick, who will dare to keep him form the treasure that he wants so bad?
5 Stars!!!!! ( )
  Goldarrow | Nov 27, 2010 |
Incredible book! Mr. Batson, with his simple, yet fast-paced writing style, knows how to spin an amazing tale!

Whipped half to death, a teen wakes on an island with no memory of who he is and how he got there. A pouch he clutches holds a shock of hair, a small cross, and a rare green diamond pirates would kill for (and do).

Declan Ross, captain of the Wallace, and later the Bruce (and what a battle it was!), wants to free himself and his somewhat annoying and headstrong daughter Anne from the piracy business forever. But when he crosses with the notorious, blood-thirsty pirate Bartholomew Thorne, things get ugly for him and a friendly order of monks who hold the last (um... maybe not) map to the long lost treasure of Constantine located on the volcanic Isle of Swords. Absolutely incredible!
  cson | Oct 30, 2010 |

A young man awakens on an island, alone and seriously injured, with no memory, and as he searches for his identity he finds himself caught between two notorious pirates battling for a legendary treasure reportedly hidden by monks.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,284,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible