The Arrival by K. A. Applegate

The Arrival

by K. A. Applegate

"Animorphs"
  IICANA | Oct 31, 2017 |
While this is by no means one of the worst Animorphs books, it is a very strange book. The Andalite arrival on Earth should have been a big deal, but I feel that this book cheats a little. This book doesn't herald the arrival of the Andalite fleet on Earth, it's just four of them on a specific mission that is entirely completed within this book. It's a bit of a cheat and not the gamechanger that it could have been.

While the plot builds to a high-stakes final act and maintains tension well, something about it feels off. Ax seems a bit too quick to trust the Andalites (especially following his experiences on Leera) and the Animorphs disband over seemingly nothing. Of course, this is entirely the point, but it still made the story feel a bit too unbelievable to hook the reader.

However, I did quite like Ax's brief relationship with Estrid. It made sense as she's the first female Andalite he's seen in a long time and he's been lonely since he arrived on Earth (plus, at the end of the day, it's easy to forget that he's just a teenager). I'm not sure if Estrid will ever appear again but it'll be interesting to see how Ax reacts to her if she does. ( )
  ArkhamReviews | May 31, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this book. I figured they break up was an act.

My favorite line

That is why I like humans. It is all about the cinnamon buns. ( )
  nx74defiant | Nov 27, 2016 |
A short comment for every book of the series until I get a chance to re-read them. All three of my sons and I loved this series and read every single book - I even bought every single book (most, but not all, used; some through school book sales). I'm excited to re-read them to see how the five main characters develop and to watch all the different transformations again. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 043910677X, Paperback)

Ax's people have arrived on Earth, and they want Ax back on board with them. Ax is torn. Should he join his fellow Andalites? Can he desert the Animorphs?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:42 -0400)

Andalites have finally arrived on Earth. The Animorphs and Ax now have allies willing to fight against the Yeerk invasion. But there are only four Andalites. Not nearly enough to defeat thousands of Yeerks. Not enough to stop more humans from being infested. Will Ax leave his friends in the Animorphs or stand with his people?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,033,065 books! | Top bar: Always visible