A Ride into Morning: The Story of Tempe Wick…

A Ride into Morning: The Story of Tempe Wick

by Ann Rinaldi

An interesting story with lots of historical detail. I wasn't familiar with Tempe Wick and her role in the Revolutionary War until I read this. Her character wasn't exactly likable, but considering what she was going through I suppose that's understandable. ( )
  CozyLover | Mar 3, 2011 |
I have to say Ann Rinaldi has alot of talent and is now my favorite author ever! This book is very good to read and is a very romantic teen novel. It is about a 21 year old girl named Tempe and her dad Henry had just died so she had to take care of her ill mother and the farm by herself. Meanwhile her cousin(Mary) was sent to Tempe's house because all of her faimly other than her brother is agaist Patriot's. So the whole story is about the two girls intill Tempe's lunitic brother came along and started to talk to Mary. He told her about Tempe meeting with a britshguy named Bowzar that was planning on taking Tempe's horse and planning muntiny. Tempe wouldn't talk to her brother Henry so Mary planned a meeting with Tempe and Henry .I guess I love this book so much I am kind've ruining it for you new readers..... I won't say anymore exept READ THIS BOOK OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( )
  Jenster | Jun 9, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152046836, Paperback)

The Revolutionary War is raging. General Wayne's soldiers are freezing, underpaid, and resentful. Whispers of mutiny abound.
A stone's throw from the restless camp, Tempe Wick wages her own battle for survival. Despite her efforts, she fears she won't be able to feed her family, care for her ailing mother, or maintain her farm for long.
As the whispers get louder, the soldiers get bolder. Mutiny is imminent. And Tempe faces a gut-wrenching decision: Should she join the revolt?
Ann Rinaldi's dramatic story is based on the legend of America's Tempe Wick.
Reader's guide included.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:28 -0400)

When unrest spreads at the Revolutionary War camp in Morristown, New Jersey, under the command of General Anthony Wayne, a young woman cleverly hides her horse from the mutinous soldiers who have need of it.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,656,920 books! | Top bar: Always visible