Keeper of the Bride by Tess Gerritsen

Keeper of the Bride (original 1996; edition 2010)

by Tess Gerritsen

2091055,966 (3.04)10
Member:sjsitz
Title:Keeper of the Bride
Authors:Tess Gerritsen
Info:Richmond : Mira, 2010.
Tags:Dec2012, ebook, romance, thriller, Nina Cormier, Sam Navarro

Keeper of the Bride by Tess Gerritsen (1996)

Recently added byprivate library, katrienvandekeybus, AAGP, HertfordLC, Ruby95, DottieS, Fasol, carolynsuarez, wowes

English (9)  Dutch (1)  All languages (10)
Love tess Gerritsen, but this book wasn't one of my favorites. I liked the story line between Sam and Nina, but things seemed to drag on and the bombings got a little old. This was my first Gerritsen book that didn't do it for me. Will try another one soon though! ( )
  jdy | Feb 20, 2013 |
This is early Tess Gerritsen. Pretty good mystery/romance; didn't know she'd written these kinds of books to begin her writing career. Her police/investigation writing is very good -- not too keen on the romance stuff. ( )
  brainella | Jan 15, 2013 |
Bad title. That should have told me something from the start. This was NOT the usual Suspense thriller that I have come to expect from this author.
This was really run of the mill, by the numbers thriller, with not much thrills. More romance then suspense.
It read as if it was written by a different author.
Well, just found out, this was an early novel, before Gerritsen found her
terrific style. That explains alot here.
Not recommended. ( )
  silversurfer | Dec 5, 2012 |
Although it was fun to read a book set in Portland, this book was quite predictable and formulaic from the start. Much more romance than mystery, there were too many unbelievable conversations and motivations. The absence of emotional response of the main character being left at the altar and the object of a bombing, all on the same day, made the characters seem flat. Some spontaneous swearing would have gone a long way in making this more authentic. And for heaven's sake, didn't the woman have any friends or sense? ( )
  sleahey | Jul 6, 2012 |
My Daughter bought me this book as a present for Christmas because she knows how much I love Tess Gerritsen.Good read and well written with a great twist, plus a bit of romance thrown in for good measure. Can't say it is the best gerritsen book I have read but entertaining all the same, would recommend it. ( )
  bobie | Mar 4, 2011 |
The wedding was off.

You've just been jilted at the alter. Your day is about to get a lot worse. If Nina Cormier's wedding had taken place, she would be dead. But after the bride was left at the altar, the church stood empty when the bomb exploded. It wasn't until a stranger tried to run her off the road, that Nina realised someone actually wanted to kill her. But who? That's what Nina has to find out - and fast. As the nightmare unfolds all around her, Nina must try to decipher the terrifying truth: she is at the mercy of a brilliant madman, one who is playing for keeps.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:20 -0400)

If Nina Cormier's wedding had taken place, she would be dead. But after the bride was left at the altar, the church stood empty when the bomb exploded. It wasn't until a stranger tried to run her off the road, that Nina realised someone actually wanted to kill her.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,484,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible