Stone Cold (Camel Club) by David Baldacci

Stone Cold (Camel Club) (edition 2007)

by David Baldacci, Ron McLarty (Reader)

Title:Stone Cold (Camel Club)
Authors:David Baldacci
Other authors:Ron McLarty (Reader)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2007), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD

Stone Cold by David Baldacci

Recently added bybardon2121, leshaysmike, private library, shewby, debavp, rmewett, TheBookStop, hojnicki, gibcat

English (61)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (66)
Nice thriller. ( )
  TheresaCIncinnati | Aug 17, 2015 |
David Baldacci never disappoints me. I like the characters, the story moves along with an excellent mix of intrigue, humour, sarcasm and wit. This was more than another addition in the series - was a definite continuation to The Collectors.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
I really enjoy the Camel Club (even though I am reading backwards as started with #4 Divine Justice). Olive Stone (Carr) is quite the character and is unstoppable! Annabelle (another Camel Club) is also involved in this thriller by David Baldacci. I look forward to reading the other books in the series! (the audio is fabulous, the sound effects and the narrator is one of my favorites! ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
For such a chilling title, this book is blazing hot! ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
Yes! He's dead! Finally. This book started well, picked up pace, and ended breathlessly. I am so glad to have read this book in the state of mind that I did. Sometimes a good book is wasted because of the wrong disposition of the reader, but I devoured Stone Cold (vague title, by the way) like it was my last book. The best aspects of this book are spoiler laden. Let me just say that when Baldacci kills of characters he makes them count. I'm beginning to think that this author is totally compatible with the way my mind works. If that's true, then endless trial and error has been rewarded. What a book! ( )
  Jiraiya | Apr 13, 2014 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McLarty, RonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Bernard Mason, steel true, blade straight and To the memory of Frank L. Jennings, who meant so much to so many.
Harry Finn rose as usual at six-thirty, made coffee, let the dog out into the fenced backyard for its morning constitutional, showered, shaved, woke the kids for school and oversaw that complicated operation for the next half hour as breakfasts were gulped, backpacks and shoes grabbed and arguments started and settled.

The #1 bestselling author of The Collectors and Simple Genius returns with STONE COLD...an unforgetable novel of revenge, conspiracy, and murder that brings a band of unlikely heroes face-to-face with their greatest threat.

Oliver Stone, the leader of the mysterious group that calls itself the Camel Club, is both feared and respected by those who've crossed his path. Keeping a vigilant watch over our leaders in Washington, D.C., the Camel Club has won over some allies, but it has also earned formidable enemies-including those in power who will do anything to prevent Stone and his friends from uncovering the hidden, secret work of the government.

Annabelle Conroy, an honorary member of the Camel Club, is also the greatest con artist of her generation. She has swindled forty million dollars from casino king Jerry Bagger, the man who murdered her mother. Now he's hot on her trail with only one goal in mind: Annabelle's death. But as Stone and the Camel Club circle the wagons to protect Annabelle, a new opponent, who makes Bagger's menace pale by comparison, suddenly arises.

One by one, men from Stone's shadowy past are turning up dead. Behind this slaughter stands one man: Harry Finn. To almost all who know him, Finn is a doting father and loving husband who uses his skills behind the scenes to keep our nation safe. But the other face of Harry Finn is that of an unstoppable killer who inevitably sets his lethal bull's-eye on Oliver Stone. And with Finn, Stone may well have met his match.

As Annabelle and the Camel Club fight for their lives, the twists and turns whipsaw, leading to a finale that is as explosive as it is shattering. And when buried secrets are at last violently resurrected, the members of the Camel Club left standing will be changed forever.

With unrelenting pacing, stunning reversals, and two of the most compelling characters in modern fiction, STONE COLD is David Baldacci writing at his breathtaking best.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:27 -0400)

Oliver Stone and his colleagues at the Camel Club find their efforts to protect a con artist from vengeful casino king Jerry Bagger challenged by a ruthless killer who targets Stone by threatening to reveal his mysterious past.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,705,491 books! | Top bar: Always visible