By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept: A…

By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept: A Novel of Forgiveness (1994)

by Paulo Coelho

My favorite of all Coelho's work ( )
  JillNYC | Oct 26, 2014 |
I didn't so much see it as a story of forgiveness, but as one of loving another person, more than you love yourself. The kind of selfless love that transcends all challenges and obstacles, and knowing that together all things are bearable, surmountable and possible!
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
Esta historia fue totalmente sorprendete para mi porque estaba viviendo una situación similar al personaje masculino. Estaba envuelta en el mundo religioso católico para consagrarme a una orden, pero sin más ni menos conoci a laguien y cambio todo, deje la orden y me embarque en ese romance de conocer a fondo esa nueva persona. Me pareció muy curioso leer esa historia.
A demás para mi todos los libros de Coelho son maravillosos, es mi escritor favorito. ( )
  Pamelangeles | Jul 3, 2014 |
A nice read. Stylistically, it's a quick an easy read with substance that goes beyond the explicit content. ( )
  j3745 | Feb 6, 2014 |
Es una buena historia de amor, pero se me hace algo predecible, lo que le quita encanto a ciertas partes. ( )
  MariaAlejandra | Feb 7, 2013 |

Paulo Coelhoprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Clarke, Alan R.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Piippo, JaanaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But wisdom is justified by all her children - Luke 7:35
For I. C. and S. B, whose loving communion made me see the feminine face of God; for Monica Antunes, my companion from the beginning, who with her love and enthusiasm spreads the fire all over the world; for Paulo Rocco, for the joy of the battles we have fought together and for the dignity of the battles we have fought between us; and for Matthew Lore, for not having forgotten a sage quotation from the I Ching: "Perseverance is favorable."
By the river Piedra I sat down and wept.
Every day, God gives us the sun - and also one moment in
which we have the ability to change everything that makes us unhappy. Every day, we try to pretend that we haven't
perceived that moment, that it doesn't exist - that today is the same as yesterday and will be the same as tomorrow. But if people really pay attention to their everyday lives, they will discover that magic moment. It may arrive in the instant when we are doing something mundane, like putting our front door key in the lock; it may lie hidden in the quiet that follows the lunch hour or in the thousand and one things that all seem the same to us. But that moment exists - a moment when all the power of the stars becomes a part of us and enables us to perfom miracles.

Tijdens een reis van een week door de Pyreneeën ontmoet Pilar, een studente uit Barcelona, een jeugdvriend van wie zij altijd is blijven houden. Deze vriend koestert gelijke gevoelens voor haar, maar zijn probleem is dat hij op het punt staat zich tot priester te laten wijden.
Via deze aangrijpende liefdesgeschiedenis toont Coelho ons de vrouwelijke kant van God. Dit prachtige boek werpt een ander licht op de kracht van de liefde en de ervaring van het spirituele. [Bol.com]

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0061122092, Paperback)

This first United States paperback of By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept comes after huge worldwide sales of the novel of faith, romance, miracles, and the importance of following the heart's true path. The inspirational tale follows Pilar, a young woman from the Spanish countryside who, sparked by the teachings of a now-mysterious man she has known and loved since childhood, leaves her graduate studies and embarks on a spiritual pilgrimage through the Pyrenees Mountains and reevaluates her life and her future. Brazilian writer Paulo Coelho, author of the international bestseller The Alchemist, is considered to be one of the most widely-read Latin American writers in the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:10 -0400)

Pilar, an independent young woman, renews her relationship with a childhood friend who is now a maverick seminarian, and together they follow a spiritual path to true love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,318,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible