What About the Soul? by Joel B. Green

What About the Soul?

by Joel B. Green (Editor)

27None402,159NoneNone

No reviews

Everyone knows about the rocky relationship between science and theology brought about by the revolutionary proposals of Copernicus and Darwin. Fewer people know about an equally revolutionary scientific innovation that is currently under way among neurobiologists. This revolution in brain research has completely rewritten our understanding of who we are. It poses fundamental challenges to traditional Christian theology. According to the scientific worldview that now dominates, it is no longer necessary to speak of a soul or spirit as distinct from the functions of the brain. Nor is it possible from the scientific point of view to biologically distinguish humans from animals. How then, are we to answer the fundamental theological question? Who am I? What am I doing here? Why do I do what I do? In more classical theological terms, what does it mean to be saved? How am I responsible for my behavior? What is the meaning of resurrection? What happens when I die? Contributors: Bill T. Arnold, D. Gareth  Jones, Joel B. Green, Patrick D. Miller, Charles E. Gutenson, Stuart L. Palmer, William Hasker, Michael Rynkiewich, Virginia T. Holeman, Lawson G. Stone, Malcolm Jeeves.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:36 -0400)

Two children set a trap for Santa Claus but only one of them manages to see him.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,315,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible