I Am Too Absolutely Small for School by…

I Am Too Absolutely Small for School (original 2003; edition 2005)

by Lauren Child, Lauren Child (Illustrator)

Title:I Am Too Absolutely Small for School
Authors:Lauren Child
Other authors:Lauren Child (Illustrator)
Info:Perfection Learning (2005), Hardcover
Tags:school, family, special needs

I Am Too Absolutely Small for School by Lauren Child (2003)

Lola is saying that she is too small for school while charlie is trying to tell her how much fun she will have. Lola is worried that her imaginary friend won't be able to come with her. eventually Lola decides that she will go to school and makes a friend.
1 book
  TUCC | Oct 21, 2016 |
It is about that time for Charlie's little sister Lola to go to school. When Charlie expresses this to Lola is not so sure she is ready, in fact she knows she is not ready. Charlie gives Lola all the reasons why she needs to go to school but Lola finds even more reasons why she does not need school. At first she does not want to count, read or write but after Charlie convinces her why she needs those things she agrees. Although Lola wants to learn how read and count she still does not want to go to school; she does not want to be alone or dress like everyone else. Charlie assures Lola she will be okay and sure enough she was. Lola had a great first day, she made new friends and learned many new things. Going to school for the first time can be scary, this is a great book to relieve a child's fear of going to school. I really love Lauren Child's style of writing but again the text is sometimes hard to follow and can become frustrating. All in all this was a really cute book. Everyone should have a big brother like Charlie. ( )
  Jmreed1 | Mar 30, 2016 |
I picked this book because I love Charlie and Lola books and I thought it would be a good book for the first day or week of school. For this book, I would have students write or draw that they are most excited about school. ( )
  ksd011 | Mar 16, 2016 |
A great children's book for kids who are nervous about starting school.The girl Lola in the book shows them they are not alone.
  EmilyMurray | Mar 16, 2016 |
good book to be read for children, especially those who have other siblings older than them. in this book Lola is the younger sister and she bring excuse to show that she doesn't need to go to school, I am too small, I don't like uniform, I don't like school food. but her older sister re sure her that she doesn't need to eat school food or wear uniform and tel her how she can make friends and be okay.

children ages 3-5
source: Pierce College Library
  Zabdulla-mahmood | Mar 7, 2016 |

"The children's relationship is refreshingly noncombative, with Charlie as the protective and affectionate older brother who is appreciative of, rather than annoyed by, his sister's quirkiness." - SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL (starred review)

Lola is not so sure about school. After all, why would she need to count higher than ten when she never eats more that ten cookies at a time? Once again, it's up to ever-patient big brother Charlie to persuade Lola that school is worthwhile — and that her invisible friend, Soren Lorensen, will be welcome, too.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:35 -0400)

When Lola is worried about starting school, her older brother Charlie reassures her.

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763628875, 0763624039

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,776,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible