Rufus M. (1943)

by Eleanor Estes

Series: The Moffats (3)

The adventures of seven-year-old Rufus Moffat, living with his widowed mother and older siblings including his encounter with an invisible piano player and his attempts at ventroliquism.

I loved all these stories about all the cousins. I should re-read them. Is this the one where the uncle is the youngest tot? ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Rufus is a young 7 year old boy that is the youngest in the Moffat family. They live on a unique street and in the begging there is a war going on and the class tries to help. There are lots of problems in Rufus's life and he is fun to read about. Rufus Moffat needs to figure out how to deal with his own problems too. I like this book because I like reading about little kids and their life. It was not my favorite because I like mysteries better and tense books. I hope you will like it too. ( )
  Karra.MCDS | May 25, 2015 |
Warm and sweet. This book is, in addition to being a story about Rufus Moffat and his siblings, a snapshot of America at the end of WWII. I enjoyed it. I do loathe Louis Slobodkin's illustrations, though. I had to not look at them as I read. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
A warm and cozy period work that brings the kid out of all ages. Young Rufus is one determined child. Librarians will step back in time with the descriptions of one of Rufus's favorite past times;visiting the library. This work is a classic and great piece of Americana. The humor will give smiles for a lifetime....I promise! ( )
  GeorgeAtDublinCML | Aug 23, 2008 |

Eleanor Estesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Slobodkin, LouisIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Available online at The Internet Archive:

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,564,805 books! | Top bar: Always visible