And I Shall Dwell Among Them: Historic…

And I Shall Dwell Among Them: Historic Synagogues of the World

by Neil Folberg

725166,644 (4)None

175 pages of beautiful color photos of synagogues from around the world. An informative essay appears at the end of the book which gives a historical estimate of the function and order of synagogue liturgy, emphasizing the contributions of Spanish thought and architecture. ( )
  sacredheart25 | May 14, 2011 |
NO OF PAGES: 175 SUB CAT I: Synagogues SUB CAT II: SUB CAT III: DESCRIPTION: "And I Shall Dwell Among Them Historic Synagogues of the World" preserves the irreplaceable spiritual, architectural, and cultural significance of these structures. It is the first study to document the synagogues with both scholarly depth and photographic excellence. In the extraordinary variety and the intimcy and richness of their detail, the pictures reveal how the world's synagogues form what Folberg has called "a crown for the Jewish people."NOTES: Purchased from the Amazon MarketPlace. SUBTITLE: Historic Synagogues of the World
  BeitHallel | Feb 18, 2011 |
Words can’t articulate the beauty of the photographs within the 176 pages. The book contains incredibly stunning and magnificent photographs of synagogues of the world, every part of the world, from the U.S. and Canada, to cities in Europe and cities in Northern and Eastern Europe, and it includes synagogues in the Caribbean and in India, also several in Uzbekistan and in Morocco and other locations worldwide, In fact, while reading the book today (the entire book, more than once), I was surprised to see a photograph of the interior of Congregation Mikveh Israel on page 89. It is located in Savannah, Georgia, U.S.A. I have my own photographs of that synagogue interior and exterior, and you can see an interior capture I took, just below this paragraph.

Folberg’s dedication to capturing the essence of the synagogues of the world is masterful. ( )
  LorriMilli | May 5, 2010 |
Synagogues--Pictorial works.
  icm | Sep 24, 2008 |
Coffee Table Book to truly enjoy. The photos are unique and wonderful ( )
  Kamerow | Jul 4, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 089381640X, Hardcover)

For nearly 2,000 years, from the year A.D. 70 until the founding of Israel in 1948, the Jewish people were without a homeland. But wherever they wandered during the great diaspora, the tradition of building synagogues continued. This magnificent book preserves the irreplaceable spiritual, architectural, and cultural significance of these structures in nearly 200 striking color photos of synagogues all over the world. Size D. Traveling exhibition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:01 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,386,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible