Walt Disney's Mulan by Gina Ingoglia

Walt Disney's Mulan

by Gina Ingoglia, José Cardona (Illustrator)

552214,390 (4)1

I first read this book when I was a little girl and I still have it today. I love its message on never backing down because of your gender. Mulan is so brave and powerful throughout the story. It also serves as a learning tool for Chinese history and women's history in China and the things they went through. I think anyone could enjoy this book and it serves as a great example to young children on believing in what you stand for and never giving up. ( )
  Hhaddad1 | Apr 30, 2015 |
Mulan is a young girl who is told what she can and cannot due according to her society's rule on women's places. Mulan stretches the boundaries and is the first female soldier, but she keeps her gender a secret. It shows real bravery and commitment of someone following their dreams.

Personal Reaction:
I loved this book and loved seeing the woman be able to achieve her dreams when society told her no. By hiding her identity it showed how courageous she was and how much trouble she could get into. I loved her bravery and conviction.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1.Children could write or draw their dreams or expectations for their lives, and explain how they could achieve their dreams.
  CaitlinJones | Mar 30, 2013 |

Gina Ingogliaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cardona, JoséIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

This action-packed picture book tells the story of a popular Disney animated movie. In ancient China a spirited young woman named Mulan disguises herself as a man and joins the Imperial Army. When the authorities discover that she is a woman, Mulan is forced to quit the army in disgrace. However, before she leaves, the girl learns that China's great imperial city is in danger. It is up to Mulan alone to save the emperor. In a tale of non-stop suspense and human bravery, a young woman shows her worth.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:57 -0400)

15 avail.1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,760,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible