Chosen by P. C. Cast

English (111)  German (1)  All (112)
This series is getting a little better. Let's hope it can redeem itself fully by the end of the series. Still not the best i've seen from my favorite author. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
I've always liked this series. And this one takes a turn. It's when the drama heats up. ( )
  kyndyleizabella | Jan 23, 2017 |
Sexy and exciting. Getting use to the silly teen voice. Actually appreciating it now and then. If you wanna escape a lil bit I recommend this series. The writers dont hold back. Religion, sex, blood, betrayal, you name it. Give it a try! ( )
  Shelby-Lamb-Author | Jan 17, 2017 |
Read this book in a day, it was a good addition to the Zoey story. Aphrodite is more prominent in this one and I am starting to like her character more, even though she is the "enemy." With more stuff happening to the overall story line in this book it was very fast paced and entertaining. Zoey's character is still full of angst and teenage drama, but she even admits that outright. Some of the internal monologue is a bit lengthy and depressing. Overall, another great YA read. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
2.75 Stars - pushing, but still not quite to 3 stars.

I have to roll my eyes every time one of the characters calls another a slut/hoe/hag and every time they berate drinking/smoking - not that I think it's okay for high school age girls to be doing any of the above, mind you. I assume the authors are trying to send a positive message to the age group these books target, which is great. But it's so blatant that it's hard to take seriously.

I also wonder, if the authors are intent on this message, why do they give their heroine not one, not two, but three "boyfriends." Not only does she have three boyfriends, but one of them is a teacher who she looses her virginity to after making it obvious she wanted to stay a virgin! There are definitely some conflicting messages going on there.

As far as the characters go, some are more well developed than others. Aphrodite and Neferet are definitely my favorites. I'm really liking Aphrodite as she emerges as more of a main character, and I can't wait to see how that evolves in the next few books. But there are some characters ("The Twins" specifically) - that don't seem to add anything to the story.

The authors have said that they wanted to sound like teenagers in these books, and boy did they succeed. I think, however, a happy medium between an omg-obnoxious-teenager and a normal teenager would have gone a long way.

For me, House of Night is like watching a train wreck. I'm entralled by the story, and I want to know what happens next. But the writing just doesn't do it for me. ( )
  vnorthw | Apr 15, 2016 |

Cast, P. C.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This one is for all of you who have e-mailed us wanting more and more and more of Zoey and the gang. We heart you!
"Yep, I have a seriously sucky birthday." I told my cat, Nala. (Okay, truthfully she's not so much my cat as I'm her person. You know how it is with cats, they don't really have owners, they have staff. A fact I mostly try to ignore.)

Book 3 of the 'House of Night' series -- Life is hard for a teenage, vampyre High Priestess in training, especially if you're Zoey Redbird. Gifted with an unusual affinity for all five elements, everyone looks to Zoey for great and wonderful things. But Zoey feels the weight of the world on her shoulders. Her best friend is dead -- but not. Her ex-boyfriend is not so ex these days, which certainly makes her current boyfriend unhappy. One of the teachers has been paying her a lot of flattering but uncomfortable attention. There's a big secret that could knock the entire vampyre world on its side, and the only person Zoey can confide in is her formal rival. And that's just the beginning of her problems...

Bloodlust and dark forces are at work at the House of Night…

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird’s adventures at the school are about to take a mysterious turn.  Those who appear to be her friends are turning out to be enemies.  And oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends.  So begins the gripping third installment of this “highly addictive series” (Romantic Times), in which Zoey’s mettle will be tested like never before.  Her best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn’t have a clue how to help her, but she does know that anything she and Stevie Rae discover about the secretive and sinister power that’s turning dead fledglings into bloodsucking monsters must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night, where trust has become a rare commodity.

Speaking of rare: Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected position of having three boyfriends. Mix in more than a little forbidden desire to the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster of massive proportions. Then, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead.  It looks like the People of Faith, and Zoey’s horrid step-loser in particular, are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres.  But, as Zoey and her friends find out, things are not always what they seem…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:07 -0400)

Dark forces are at work at the House of Night and fledging vampyre Zoey Redbird's adventures at the school take a mysterious turn. Those who appear to be friends are turning out to be enemies. And oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends. So begins the gripping third installment of this "highly addictive series" in which Zoey's mettle will be tested like never before. Her best friend Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn't have a clue how to help her, but she does know that anything she and Stevie Rae discover must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night, where trust has become a rare commodity. Speaking of rare: Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected and rare position of having three boyfriends. Mix a little blood lust into the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster. Just when it seems things couldn't get any tougher, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead. It looks like the People of Faith, and Zoey's horrid-step-father in particular, are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres. But, as Zoey and her friends so often find out, how things appear rarely reflects the truth.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Chosen: A House of Night Novel by P. C. Cast was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,773,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible