Chosen: A House of Night Novel by P. C. Cast

Chosen: A House of Night Novel (edition 2009)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:Alandriel
Title:Chosen: A House of Night Novel
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Press (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 320 pages

Chosen by P. C. Cast

English (117)  German (1)  All languages (118)

In ‘Chosen’ the third book of The House Of Night series by P.C. Cast, I did like the book but it started out a bit slow for me. Zoey finally gets her wish that concerns Stevie Rae. In this book, she finds that she comes to have all the elements and best of she can call on them at any time.

Zoey finds herself with three boyfriends and two of them are an absolute no, no in The House of Night, and one being a teacher is definitely a big NO, she does not want to get rid of Heath because they have imprinted, so he becomes a good source of blood for her, and she really does like him.

The group knows they had to have another fledgling fill the place of Stevie Rae for the circle, but when they find out that, it is the most hated person at the House Of Night School, Aphordite that has the element of Earth. When the other fledglings find out that Nyx has chosen Aphordite herself, they are more than angry.

Then teachers from the House of Night start being killed, and of course, Neferet blames the humans and says there will be war if the humans continue to kill anyone else from the House Of Night School, than… I recommend this book to anyone who is in to vamp books.
  JKJ94 | Oct 30, 2018 |
Saw it and had to check it out. I would read it on my breaks at work. It was so awesome. Didn't want to put it down. Love the series. Can't wait to read the rest. ( )
  FredaCochran | Sep 27, 2018 |

JKJ94 | Jul 18, 2018 |
The story progression for the series is good, and there's plenty of action, but it did bog down a little in places, and sometimes felt a tad too juvenile. A good read overall, however, and recommended if you've read the first two books. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | Apr 11, 2018 |
Another fantastic addition to the series!
I can't wait to find out what happens next!

I cannot remember the last series I sped through like I am doing this wonderful series :-)

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Feb 28, 2018 |

Cast, P. C.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This one is for all of you who have e-mailed us wanting more and more and more of Zoey and the gang. We heart you!
"Yep, I have a seriously sucky birthday." I told my cat, Nala. (Okay, truthfully she's not so much my cat as I'm her person. You know how it is with cats, they don't really have owners, they have staff. A fact I mostly try to ignore.)

Book 3 of the 'House of Night' series -- Life is hard for a teenage, vampyre High Priestess in training, especially if you're Zoey Redbird. Gifted with an unusual affinity for all five elements, everyone looks to Zoey for great and wonderful things. But Zoey feels the weight of the world on her shoulders. Her best friend is dead -- but not. Her ex-boyfriend is not so ex these days, which certainly makes her current boyfriend unhappy. One of the teachers has been paying her a lot of flattering but uncomfortable attention. There's a big secret that could knock the entire vampyre world on its side, and the only person Zoey can confide in is her formal rival. And that's just the beginning of her problems...

Bloodlust and dark forces are at work at the House of Night…

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird’s adventures at the school are about to take a mysterious turn.  Those who appear to be her friends are turning out to be enemies.  And oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends.  So begins the gripping third installment of this “highly addictive series” (Romantic Times), in which Zoey’s mettle will be tested like never before.  Her best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn’t have a clue how to help her, but she does know that anything she and Stevie Rae discover about the secretive and sinister power that’s turning dead fledglings into bloodsucking monsters must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night, where trust has become a rare commodity.

Speaking of rare: Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected position of having three boyfriends. Mix in more than a little forbidden desire to the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster of massive proportions. Then, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead.  It looks like the People of Faith, and Zoey’s horrid step-loser in particular, are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres.  But, as Zoey and her friends find out, things are not always what they seem…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:07 -0400)

Dark forces are at work at the House of Night and fledging vampyre Zoey Redbird's adventures at the school take a mysterious turn. Those who appear to be friends are turning out to be enemies. And oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends. So begins the gripping third installment of this "highly addictive series" in which Zoey's mettle will be tested like never before. Her best friend Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn't have a clue how to help her, but she does know that anything she and Stevie Rae discover must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night, where trust has become a rare commodity. Speaking of rare: Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected and rare position of having three boyfriends. Mix a little blood lust into the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster. Just when it seems things couldn't get any tougher, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead. It looks like the People of Faith, and Zoey's horrid-step-father in particular, are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres. But, as Zoey and her friends so often find out, how things appear rarely reflects the truth.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

P. C. Cast's book Chosen: A House of Night Novel was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,150,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible