Scott Pilgrim, Vol 4: Scott Pilgrim Gets It…

Scott Pilgrim, Vol 4: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together (edition 2007)

by Bryan Lee O'Malley (Author)

Member:ebethiepaige
Title:Scott Pilgrim, Vol 4: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together
Authors:Bryan Lee O'Malley (Author)
Info:Oni Press (2007), 216 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:physically-own

Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together by Bryan Lee O'Malley

I just have to get this out of my system: hardly anything like the movie.

This book made me feel old. Old, old, old. So much of the non-ninja-fighting plot was so much like how life happened in my early twenties. But even as I was reading it and recognizing how familiar it was, I kept thinking, "How are they so feckless? Changing apartments and roommates and boyfriends? Hey, hey you! Get off my lawn, you damn punks!"

Despite the dissonance, in this volume I loved those moments of familiarity. I also loved the "contents of Scott's pockets" and "contents of Scott and Wallace's shopping cart" frames, all of Scott's XP moments, and I continue to love Knives.

Fun. ( )
  greeniezona | Dec 6, 2017 |
Here we are with volume 4 of the Scott Pilgrim series. If you've seen the movie, you know this is where a great majority of the cuts to the story were made to adapt it. Roxy is really the only thing that stays because she's an Evil Ex. But there is so much good story in 4.

We get a reunion with Lisa, Scott's friend from high school, Sex Bob-omb makes an album, Roxy and Knives' dad are both gunning for Scott, Scott gets a job like a big boy, and then he and Ramona say the L-word! We also get a brief look inside Ramona's head.

Another great volume! ( )
  regularguy5mb | Nov 15, 2016 |
This book was good but it wasn't as good in my opinion as the others in the series so far- I don't know if I just wasn't in the mood to read it or if the storyline wasn't as good, but can I just say I really love Kim and Lisa is so cool and I wish she was in the books more.
I'm still excited to read the other books in the series and I feel like if you're in a reading slump a quick book like this is perfect! ( )
  blakktreacle | May 10, 2016 |
How cute is Scott Pilgrim? SO SO CUTE. Almost as cute as his various friends and acquaintances. My only nitpick about this series is that it's sometimes hard to tell characters apart. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
The Fourth volume of "Scott Pilgrim" just keeps proving to me that the comic series was not well-served by the movie rendition, which pretty much focused on the battles with the Evil Exs and excluded pretty much everything else. I really liked the movie, but the comic book series has more charaters, including the character of "Lisa" an old high school friend of Scott's who is a major supporting character in this book. Please read this series, there is much more to Scott Pilgrim that what was on the movie screen. ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |
As part of an ongoing series, this volume isn’t as intriguing as some of the others, because its function is to do the job of getting from here to there.

Bryan Lee O'Malleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Buccellato, SteveColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ramona...
Scott, if your life had a face I'd punch it.

Scott Pilgrim's is finding his summer vacation stressful with a girlfriend with seven evil ex-boyfriends who want to kill him. But worse than that, Ramona Flowers wants him to get a job.

Bryan Lee O'Malley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,626,455 books! | Top bar: Always visible