New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One by…

New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One

by Bordhi. Cat

Interesting modifications to foot shaping! Reasonably well written, author tends to folksy and whimsical tales illustrating points where my preference is in the style of 'just the facts'. Really like the concept of reducing the foot to a series of reliable, standardized measurements. I can make no sense of the drawings indicating which needle is going in which direction. Would like to take a class from this writer to get clarification on that point. ( )
  mvrdrk | Jun 24, 2010 |
I love this book. I typically always have some pattern 'on the needles' from this book. ( )
  m01ollie | Oct 19, 2009 |
I love knitting socks, but find it difficult to knit ones for myself that fit just right (most sock patterns are written for a much smaller foot than I happen to have). A friend recommended New Pathways for Sock Knitters because of Bordhi's innovative construction ideas and because she offers master patterns that you can customize to fit your foot perfectly.

In addition to the master patterns, Bordhi provides a number of different variations, both practical and whimsical. There's enough in this book to keep any sock knitter busy for quite some time.

I recently knit "Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks". The pattern follows Bordhi's "Sky Sock Architecture" and is knit from the top down with increases over the arch (along the edge of the decorative stitch pattern). It uses a linen-stitch to play up the color changes in hand-painted yarn and has a sexy slit cuff.

The socks were a gift. I trusted the pattern and they ended up fitting perfectly (photo).

I'm definitely going to knit myself a pair of these socks. I loved everything about the project. I'm really interested in the Coriolis architecture (it has a wonderful spiral feature) so I'll probably attempt one of those patterns on my next foray into sock innovation.

More specifics at morsie reads. ( )
  morsecode | Feb 4, 2009 |
Excellent! Very creative ways of making socks. The instructions are clear, but you have to read the first couple of chapters to understand them. ( )
  cathoo | Nov 28, 2007 |
Cat Bordhi is a genius! ( )
  sherriknits | Sep 4, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0970886969, Perfect Paperback)

NEW PATHWAYS ignites a bright new era for sock knitters everywhere! - knit the 2 little learning socks, and you re ready for 8 new styles of sock architecture -- over 400 colorful illustrations and photos -- your choice of dpn s, 2 circs, or 1 long circ -- 28 unique patterns, with 8 for babies -- 8 Master Patterns - 1 for each architectural style -- Master Pattern sizing for infants to large men, in 11 gauges -- custom-fit feet of all shapes and sizes Worked in pure stockinette, each style is so elegant you may never wish for more. But if you want to play, the possibilities are infinite: -- let hand-painted yarns spill their colors along new and artful pathways -- harmonize the rhythms of familiar stitch patterns with the book s universal formula, and see the familiar reborn with a new and beautiful look -- combine architectures for infinite hybrid forms, or be the first to try something brand new

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:45 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,678,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible