Callahan's Crosstime Saloon by Spider…

Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (original 1977; edition 1999)

by Spider Robinson

Member:shrike10997
Title:Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
Authors:Spider Robinson
Info:Tor Science Fiction (1999), Paperback, 224 pages

Callahan's crosstime saloon by Spider Robinson (1977)

A Night in the Lonesome October by Roger Zelazny (PghDragonMan)
    PghDragonMan: Odd characters caught up in odd happenings as told by master storytellers.

An anthology of amusing stories, some of them really about time travel! ( )
  DinadansFriend | May 8, 2014 |
This is my second copy of the first Callahan's book. I wore out the first. I've said it before, but LT is an expensive place to hang out. I keep finding books that I didn't know I'd missed (Off the Wall at Callahan's), and have to find them, and add them in. From the back cover:

"You got troubles?"

"Toe up to the line, and make a toast (the toast is mandatory). Then smash your glass in the big fireplace. It only costs half a buck at Callahan's Place, and it sure can feel good."

I looked for that bar for years, but I never found it.

(Cover Art from clear signature on the front; the one I've chosen is very similar, but not identical, to mine.) ( )
  Lyndatrue | Dec 10, 2013 |
This short novel grew out of Robinson's stories for Analog magazine. For lighthearted science fiction with at least a small dose of science, its hard to beat. The characters are interesting and the situations are quirky. Well written and fun to read. ( )
  Karlstar | Jan 17, 2012 |
Great book! This is a collection of very original short stories with quirky themes that all happen in Callahan's Saloon. This saloon is an amazing place where everyone who enters is accepted - no matter how odd they might be, granted absolution if they are willing to repent, and helped. A quick read that left me believing in the goodness of people. I would definitely recommend this book! ( )
  SuzReads | May 3, 2011 |
This and "Time Travelers Strictly Cash" are classics. They're funny, thought provoking and hilarious. And I really wish I could think of something punny to say about them. :-) ( )
  Awfki | Aug 16, 2008 |

Spider Robinsonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bova, BenIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Di Fate, Vincent, 1945-Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0812572270, Mass Market Paperback)

Callahan's Place is the neighborhood tavern to all of time and space, where the regulars are anything but. Pull up a chair, grab a glass of your favorite, and listen to the stories spun by time travelers, cybernetic aliens, telepaths...and a bunch of regular folks on a mission to save the world, one customer at a time.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:09 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,107,088 books! | Top bar: Always visible