Angels Fall by Nora Roberts

Angels Fall

by Nora Roberts

Read this book and absolutely fell in love with it! This book ignited my passion to travel out west. Really enjoyed the bickering between the two main characters. Mysteries like this are a weakness for me. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
Good book with characters you care about and a storyline that at times is hard to put down. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
I loved this! It made me feel the need to look behind me when in a parking lot. 😉 I listened to it in the car and made excuses to run errands just to keep listening. 🙂 ( )
  whybehave2002 | Oct 30, 2018 |
Reece Gilmore was a chef in Boston where she was the only survivor of a brutal slaying at her restaurant. After therapy and hospitalization, Reece takes to the road in search of peace. Still suffering some of the aftereffects of her horrendous attack, she is hoping that Angel's Fist will provider her some relief from the panic attacks and fear that have taken over her life. She settles into the small town working as a cook in the local diner, but while hiking Reece sees a murder take place. She is certain of what she has seen, and the only one that will believe her is a popular author Brody. Brody believes Reece, but has also been informed of her past. He sees some of her unusual behavior, but sticks with his gut instinct that she is telling the truth. I will be the first to say I am not a big Nora Roberts fan but I love her "In Death" series as J.D. Robb. (Yeah, I know that makes me from a different planet.) However I found that "Angels Fall" is an enjoyable romance with a nice mystery embedded in it. It's certainly possible to guess the killer's identity, but you're better than I am if you're completely sure until near the end. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
This was a slow build about a young woman running from her traumatic past. She thinks she's finally found a place to safely land and deal with her PTSD, but shortly after her arrival at Angel's Fist, she witnesses murder. The only problem? No one believes her.

This was one of those books that was just okay for me. It wasn't bad, but it didn't ring any bells either. It's possible I need to switch genres for a bit. Brody was a big jerk in the beginning, but I did like how Reece was able to use his curt attitude to pull herself up by the bootstraps. The mystery aspect was decent, a little too drawn out in places, but decent. The last third of the book was probably the best part. If I were rating that alone, I'd give it at least 4 stars. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nueno Cobas, NievesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mom
Reese Gilmore smoked through the tough knuckles of Angel's Fist in an overheating Chevy Cavalier.

The sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, Reece Gilmore settles in Angel's Fist, Wyoming—temporarily. at least—and takes a job at a local diner. One day, while hiking in the mountains, she peers through her binoculars and sees a couple arguing on the bank of the churning Snake River. And suddenly, the man is on top of the woman, his hands around her throat... By the time Reece reaches a gruff loner named Brody farther down the trail, the pair is gone. And when authorities comb the area where she saw the attack, they find no trace that anyone was even there. No one in Angel's Fist seems to believe Reece—except Brody, despite his seeming impatience and desire to keep her at arm's length. When a series of menacing events makes it clear that someone wants her out of the way, Reece must put her trust in Brody—and herself—to find out if there is a killer in Angel's Fist, before it's too late.

Reece Gilmore has come a long way to see the stunning view below her. As the sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, she has been on the run, desperately fighting the nightmares and panic attacks that haunt her. Reece settles in Angel's Fist, Wyoming-temporarily, at least-and takes a job at a local diner. Then Reece saw the man and woman on the opposite bank. Arguing. Fighting. And suddenly, the man was on top of the woman, his hands around her throat . . . Enjoying a moment of solitude a bit farther down the trail is a gruff loner named Brody. But by the time Reece reaches him and brings him to the scene, the pair has vanished. When authorities comb the area where she saw the attack, they find nothing. No signs of struggle. No freshly turned earth. Not even a tire track. And no one in Angel's Fist seems to believe her. After all, she's a newcomer in town, with a reputation for being jumpy and jittery-maybe even a little fragile. Maybe it's time to run again, to move on . . . Reece Gilmore knows there's a killer in Angel's Fist, even if Brody, despite his seeming impatience and desire to keep her at arm's length, is the only one willing to believe her. When a series of menacing events makes it clear that someone wants her out of the way, Reece must put her trust in Brody-and herself-to find out if there is a killer in Angel's Fist before it's too late.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,537,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible