Angels Fall by Nora Roberts

Angels Fall (edition 2006)

by Nora Roberts

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:romance, romantic suspense

Angels Fall by Nora Roberts

Recently added byprivate library, Opalnera, mccbookdrive, Theadora78, libra79, darcy36, E111e, Christine_Blackthorn

It probably won't go on my [a:Nora Roberts|625|Nora Roberts|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1198342300p2/625.jpg] favorites shelf, but it was pretty good. The opening chapter or so actually put me off this book when it initially came out - something about Reece was very off-putting to me. Once I got into the story, though, I liked her quite a bit better. I would have liked Joanie more than I did if it hadn't been emphasized so heavily that she was a smoker (I personally have a very low squick threshold when it comes to smoking, so the frequent references and descriptions of it put me completely off.) I wish I could say that I liked Brody (I certainly didn't dislike him) but there seemed to be very little character development for him, and virtually none to their relationship other than getting them hooked up as soon as possible and then on with the main plot-line. ([b:Blue Smoke|114184|Blue Smoke|Nora Roberts|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1217909729s/114184.jpg|1553106] suffered from this same issue in my opinion.) The main plot-line was handled very well, and I wasn't sure who the villain was until right at the reveal, and had quite a few concerns about who it would be. But I really, really would have liked more of an epilogue. The end was far too abrupt and had me literally looking for the other pages of the book. ( )
  cybermathwitch | Feb 6, 2014 |
A good escapist read. If you have read one Nora Roberts, you have read them all, but that does not mean that they are fun to read individually once in a while. ( )
  bookwormteri | Feb 13, 2012 |
A young woman finds herself settling into a small Wyoming town. When she witnesses a crime, only one person believes her. When it gets out that she is the previous victim of random violence, residents view her differently. As time progresses, we find that someone is trying to "Gaslight" her. ( )
  Ellens_ESO | Jan 22, 2012 |
This is my favorite book by Nora Roberts.

The characters are so engaging! I've read it a half-dozen times. ( )
  KAJordan | Oct 18, 2011 |
Halfway through this story, it struck me that I had seen the TV movie of this, some time ago, and I knew how it ended.
Of course, thie book is far superior and what an entertaining read it was. Small town setting wihere everybody looks out for everyone and their business. Favourite characters, Mac Drubber grocery store and Mayor, he had a soft spot for Reece, Lothario Lol and his ever patient sweetheart Linda-Gail. Reece and Brody made a cute couple ( )
  gogglemiss | Sep 7, 2011 |

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nueno Cobas, NievesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mom
Mord war Arbeit.

The sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, Reece Gilmore settles in Angel's Fist, Wyoming—temporarily. at least—and takes a job at a local diner. One day, while hiking in the mountains, she peers through her binoculars and sees a couple arguing on the bank of the churning Snake River. And suddenly, the man is on top of the woman, his hands around her throat... By the time Reece reaches a gruff loner named Brody farther down the trail, the pair is gone. And when authorities comb the area where she saw the attack, they find no trace that anyone was even there. No one in Angel's Fist seems to believe Reece—except Brody, despite his seeming impatience and desire to keep her at arm's length. When a series of menacing events makes it clear that someone wants her out of the way, Reece must put her trust in Brody—and herself—to find out if there is a killer in Angel's Fist, before it's too late.

Reece Gilmore has come a long way to see the stunning view below her. As the sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, she has been on the run, desperately fighting the nightmares and panic attacks that haunt her. Reece settles in Angel's Fist, Wyoming--temporarily, at least--and takes a job at a local diner. And now she's hiked this mountain all by herself. It was glorious, she thought, as she peered through her binoculars at the Snake River churning below. Then Reece saw the man and woman on the opposite bank. Arguing. Fighting. And suddenly, the man was on top of the woman, his hands around her throat...--From publisher description.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,606,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible