Angels Fall by Nora Roberts

Angels Fall (edition 2006)

by Nora Roberts

Member:etherai
Title:Angels Fall
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:GP Putnam And Sons (2006), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 448 pages
Collections:Your library, Read in library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:romance, romantic suspense, romance stand alone

Angels Fall by Nora Roberts

While working as a chef in a Boston restaurant, Reece Gilmore becomes the only survivor of a shooting spree that killed all of her co-workers. Needing a change, Reece heads west and stops in Angel's Fist, Wyoming, nestled in the beautiful Grand Tetons. She takes a job as the cook in a local diner and begins to make tentative friendships with the townfolk, including handsome mystery writer, Brody.

On an afternoon hike Reece sees what she believes to be the murder of a young woman. When she reports what she saw most people tend to think it is her imagination bringing up the horrors of her past. The one person who does believe her is Brody and he will do anything to protect Reece (and get her into bed at every opportunity). The murderer realizes that Reece knows what happened and he uses her past fears to keep her unbalanced and to even start doubting herself.

I enjoyed the mystery and suspense of this book but 'boy howdy!' is there ever a lot of other 'activity' going on between the sheets. This was my first Nora Roberts book and I just have to ask: Are her characters always so lusty?
  Ellen_R | Jan 15, 2016 |
A favorite Nora Roberts it is lots of fun with a good mystery. ( )
  Maya47Bob46 | Jan 26, 2015 |
Liked this book as read a while ago - Nora Roberts always pulls out a great story! Reece Gilmore has come a long way to see the stunning view below her. As the sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, she has been on the run, desperately fighting the nightmares and panic attacks that haunt her. Reece settles in Angel's Fist, Wyoming-temporarily, at least-and takes a job at a local diner. And now she's hiked this mountain all by herself. It was glorious, she thought, as she peered through her binoculars at the Snake River churning below. And no one in Angel's Fist seems to believe her. After all, she's a newcomer in town, with a reputation for being jumpy and jittery-maybe even a little fragile. Maybe it's time to run again, to move on . . .
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
I believed this book was very good, it was a mystery for Nora but it still has the same elements that Nora always adds in. ( )
  Jashrekn | Sep 24, 2014 |
It probably won't go on my [a:Nora Roberts|625|Nora Roberts|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1198342300p2/625.jpg] favorites shelf, but it was pretty good. The opening chapter or so actually put me off this book when it initially came out - something about Reece was very off-putting to me. Once I got into the story, though, I liked her quite a bit better. I would have liked Joanie more than I did if it hadn't been emphasized so heavily that she was a smoker (I personally have a very low squick threshold when it comes to smoking, so the frequent references and descriptions of it put me completely off.) I wish I could say that I liked Brody (I certainly didn't dislike him) but there seemed to be very little character development for him, and virtually none to their relationship other than getting them hooked up as soon as possible and then on with the main plot-line. ([b:Blue Smoke|114184|Blue Smoke|Nora Roberts|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1217909729s/114184.jpg|1553106] suffered from this same issue in my opinion.) The main plot-line was handled very well, and I wasn't sure who the villain was until right at the reveal, and had quite a few concerns about who it would be. But I really, really would have liked more of an epilogue. The end was far too abrupt and had me literally looking for the other pages of the book. ( )
  cybermathwitch | Feb 6, 2014 |

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nueno Cobas, NievesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mom
Mord war Arbeit.

The sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, Reece Gilmore settles in Angel's Fist, Wyoming—temporarily. at least—and takes a job at a local diner. One day, while hiking in the mountains, she peers through her binoculars and sees a couple arguing on the bank of the churning Snake River. And suddenly, the man is on top of the woman, his hands around her throat... By the time Reece reaches a gruff loner named Brody farther down the trail, the pair is gone. And when authorities comb the area where she saw the attack, they find no trace that anyone was even there. No one in Angel's Fist seems to believe Reece—except Brody, despite his seeming impatience and desire to keep her at arm's length. When a series of menacing events makes it clear that someone wants her out of the way, Reece must put her trust in Brody—and herself—to find out if there is a killer in Angel's Fist, before it's too late.

Reece Gilmore has come a long way to see the stunning view below her. As the sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, she has been on the run, desperately fighting the nightmares and panic attacks that haunt her. Reece settles in Angel's Fist, Wyoming--temporarily, at least--and takes a job at a local diner. And now she's hiked this mountain all by herself. It was glorious, she thought, as she peered through her binoculars at the Snake River churning below. Then Reece saw the man and woman on the opposite bank. Arguing. Fighting. And suddenly, the man was on top of the woman, his hands around her throat...--From publisher description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,118,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible