Dragonflies of the North Woods (Naturalist…

Dragonflies of the North Woods (Naturalist Series) (original 2017; edition 2017)

by Kurt Mead (Author)

- Close-up color photos for over 100 dragonfly species- Fieldmark arrows that point to the best distinguishing characteristics- Easy-to-use red-bar phenograms that show when you'll see that species- Black bars on each photo indicate actual size- 200 color photos of ALL the North Woods dragonflies- Handy field guide size makes it easy to pack along… (more)
Member:Maille
Title:Dragonflies of the North Woods (Naturalist Series)
Authors:Kurt Mead (Author)
Info:Kollath-Stensaas Publishing (2017), Edition: Dozens of updated photographs and updated information, 276 pages

Dragonflies of the North Woods by Kurt Mead (2017)

I'm growing to really love the Naturalist Series of books specializing in this, the Upper Midwest/Great Lakes region. The books are nice and small, have terrific photos and deal with precisely the place I live. Since I'm right on the water, I've been taken with the mass dragonfly invasion that happens right about Memorial Day. So many emerge at once that it's a little icky having the larvae exoskeletons all over. But they disappear quicker than you'd think. This is a fabulous little guide and I've already put it to good use with a couple of photos I've taken. It's divided into basic types of dragonflies, most of which you can tell apart by sight easily enough. It was lucky the 3rd revision was just released when I went looking for a book like this. Oh and damselflies are not included!
  Bookmarque | Feb 26, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,821,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible