Attic. Gefahr aus der Tiefe by Douglas…

Attic. Gefahr aus der Tiefe (edition 2007)

by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Douglas Preston (Author), Lincoln Child (Author), Thomas Piper (Sprecher)

Hidden deep beneath Manhattan lies a warren of tunnels, sewers, and galleries, mostly forgotten by those who walk the streets above. There lies the ultimate secret of the Museum Beast. When two grotesquely deformed skeletons are found deep in the mud off the Manhattan shoreline, museum curator Margo Green is called in to aid the investigation. Margo must once again team up with police lieutenant D'Agosta and FBI agent Pendergast, as well as the brilliant Dr. Frock, to try and solve the puzzle. The trail soon leads deep underground, where they will face the awakening of a slumbering nightmare.… (more)
Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Attic. Gefahr aus der Tiefe
Authors:Douglas Preston
Other authors:Lincoln Child, Douglas Preston (Author), Lincoln Child (Author), Thomas Piper (Sprecher)
Info:Bastei Lübbe (2007), Edition: 2., Aufl., Audio CD

Reliquary by Douglas Preston

The Asylum by John Edwards Ames (SomeGuyInVirginia)
    SomeGuyInVirginia: Same genre, different styles.
    Naomi by Douglas Clegg (Wova4)
    Wova4: Both books explore the subterranean world beneath New York and have horror elements.

English (55)  Spanish (5)  German (3)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (65)
This was a decent follow up to Relic. I enjoyed the writing style and the characters, but at times, the story felt interminable. I think a hundred pages could have been culled without losing anything. Also, there was a moment that was supposed to be a shocking reveal, but I’m almost positive the fact was revealed at the end of Relic. I know it’s been awhile since I read Relic, so perhaps I only figured it out myself and remembered, but I don’t think so. Anyway, this was good, but I’d hoped for a little more edge-of-my-seat tension. Hopefully the next one will be a bit better. ( )
  DGRachel | Apr 2, 2019 |
Another great read in the Pendergast series. While some of these books aren't always a 5-star read, they're still incredibly enjoyable and I always find myself looking to grab the next one of the series at Barnes & Noble when it gets released each year. Hats off to Pendergast and all of his investigations. ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |
I love this series. It keeps on getting better and better. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
Not nearly as good as Relic but not bad enough to turn me off of Preston & Child. ( )
  Kim_Sasso | Mar 14, 2018 |
Good until the very end. ( )
  Heather.Dennis | Nov 29, 2017 |

Douglas Prestonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Child, Lincolnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hill, DickReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Eshkar, ShelleyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Merk, ThomasÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Velzen, Marjolein vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
We listen to the unspoken, we gaze upon the unseen.
Kakuzo Okakura, The Book of Tea
Lincoln Child dedicates this book to his daughter, Veronica.
Douglas Preston dedicates this book to James Mortimer Gibbons, Jr., M.D.
Snow tested his regulator, checked both air valves, ran his hand along the slick neoprene of the suit.

Hidden deep beneath Manhattan lies a warren of tunnels, sewers, and galleries, mostly forgotten by those who walk the streets above. There lies the ultimate secret of the Museum Beat. When two grotesquely deformed skeletons are found deep in the mud off the Manhattan shoreline, museum curator Margo Green is called in to aid the investigation. Margo must once again team up with police lieutenant D'Agosta and FBI agent Pendergast, as well as the brilliant Dr. Frock, to try and solve the puzzle. The trail soon leads deep underground, where they will face the awakening of a slumbering nightmare.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,532,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible