Drawing textbook by Bruce McIntyre

Drawing textbook (1998)

by Bruce McIntyre

(1) 6 (1) 700 (1) art (28) art instruction (2) artists (1) arts (1) basement (1) book (2) children (1) children's (1) Curriculum (2) drawing (17) education (1) homeschool (7) how-to (1) instruction (2) juvenile (1) non-fiction (6) now (1) own (1) pb (1) pull (1) reviewed (1) school room (1) textbook (3) Visual Arts (1) yellow (1) z (4) zxzxz (2)

I am a teacher, and there are a some skills such as music and drama that would fortify my teaching if I knew how to use them. Drawing used to be one of those skills, but ever since doing some of the lessons in Drawing Textbook, I have been able to use drawing in the classroom.

Drawing Textbook by Bruce McIntyre introduces the reader to what the author calls the "elements of drawing"--surface, size, surface lines, shading, density, and foreshortening. Even though there are 37 lessons, if the learner gives time to the first ten, the learner will be able to use these elements. Though I will never be an accomplished artist, this book has given me the confidence to use to use other art books to improve my drawing skills so that drawing has become a part of my teaching. ( )
  taterzngravy | Jun 23, 2010 |
This teacher's guide contains 222 drawing exercises that teach and give practice to what the author describes as the seven elements of drawing and alignment. It is so basic that even those of us who despair of ever learning to draw, can learn. Each lesson is simple and comes with clear step-by-step explanations. There is so much to learn; plan on making this your basic art curriculum for many years! EVERY home should have it. The inexpensive printing means only black line drawings and a flimsy cover - admittedly trifles for such a superior book. (Review from timberdoodle.com)
  Rose_D | Aug 8, 2007 |
3-d drawing for children and adults. About 8 years ago my 10yo and I taught ourselves to draw with this. We had a lot of fun and were thrilled with our results. Lots of fun! ( )
  ElizaJane | Jul 3, 2007 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,351,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible