How I Fell in Love with a Librarian and…

How I Fell in Love with a Librarian and Lived to Tell about it

by Rhett Ellis

Booktalk: Read first line. So starts the story of a preacher who falls in love with the town's new librarian. Rob Smith has no problem preaching to his congregation or handling himself at social gatherings. But there is something about Myra Findley's beauty that has Rob absolutely tongue-tied and terrified. He manages to overcome his shyness just enough to begin getting acquainted with Myra. But one evening while shopping at the Food Fiesta he runs into Myra muttering to herself. She's making up rhymes: "Apple apple, Red red red, There are no apples, In my head." And "If we eat our lettuce, the germs won't get us." Myra doesn't even seem to recognize Rob when he says hello. Later, Rob watches as she doesn't just drive out of the store parking lot, she peels out of there like a bat out of--well, you know. What's up with the new librarian? And can a shy preacher find not just a way to help her but a way to her heart?
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
First person biographical, a little preachy, but still charming in its own way. ( )
  eclecticlibrarian | Nov 3, 2015 |
Continuing my theme of reading booksabout libraries and librarians, I read How I Fell in Love with aLibrarian today. The main character is a preacher who falls instantlyin love with the town's new librarian. As the preacher gets to knowthe librarian better, however, he realizes she occasionally exhibitssome odd behavior, including rhyming all her sentences.This is a very quick read. I would caution anyone intrigued by thetitle that this book is openly and unabashedly Christian and that thenovel's ending may strike some as too pat and too neatly wrapped up.For me, it was a gentle little read. ( )
  debnance | Jan 29, 2010 |
A book I picked out on title alone, and what an odd little novel I stumbled upon. Basically, a Christian minister who visits his local library to find information for his sermons is smitten with a new librarian. She of course immediately chooses to befriend the minister who can only stammer in her presence. Worse yet, she has a psychological disorder that makes run about disheveled speaking in rhymes and driving recklessly. While this unlike pair grow closer together and sort out there difficulties, there's a movement afoot among the baddies in town to close the library for good! This short book manages to put in plugs for Christianity, libraries, small town life, and modern psychology all with a quirk sense of humor. I can't say this is a good book, but it's an impressionable book for what it's worth, mostly because it is delectably odd. ( )
  Othemts | Jun 25, 2008 |

He saw "the most beautiful woman in the entire world, nay, the most beautiful creature in all existence" standing behind the desk of his local public library, and he nearly fainted. It wasn't that he thought librarians were supposed to be frumpy. It was the fact that in his town you never saw a new face, much less the face of "the most beautiful woman in the whole universe." "How I Fell in Love with a Librarian and Lived to Tell About it" starts with a bang and gathers speed as the story progresses. Filled with romance, mystery, and adventure, every chapter brings unexpected twists to keep the reader guessing to the end.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:08 -0400)

A shy preacher's "life takes an exciting turn when a beautiful but disturbed librarian arrives in his small town"--Back cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,999,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible