Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for…

Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus The Ultimate Jesus… (original 1999; edition 1999)

by D. C. Talk

Member:afmilacci
Title:Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus The Ultimate Jesus Freaks
Authors:D. C. Talk
Info:Albury Publishers (1999), Edition: Edition Unstated, Paperback, 384 pages

Jesus Freaks: DC Talk and The Voice of the Martyrs - Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus, the Ultimate Jesus Freaks by DC Talk (1999)

If you want to be challenged to live the Christian life in spite of those who would disagree with you, then read these stories of people who died for what they believe in. It will give one a whole new perspective on standing for what you believe in. I have to ask myself if I could be as strong as these people were, and pray that I too would take my stand for Jesus as these people did. It also causes me to pray for those in countries where the gospel is not allowed to be proclaimed freely. Be prepared to be challenged! ( )
  judyg54 | Jun 18, 2014 |
I think with a book like this, you can't help but compare yourself to the people in the book. It is part of the purpose of the book. I wonder about myself; whether I would have faith strong enough to die for it. Right now, I don't think I would. So it's interesting to me that all the people in this book have died or lived for there faith. Part of me wants to strive to be like them—living for my faith. Another part is confused.
I think this is a interesting book for most Christians to read because we all want to strive to be more faithful in life. If you are not Christian, I am not sure it will interest you. It might but I think it is a little strong for non-Christians. ( )
  lavenderagate | Aug 26, 2011 |
I thought it was a good read, loved the older stories about the original 12 ( )
  nirrad | Jun 1, 2011 |
Really good to read some stories out of it once in a while. ( )
  DanielMH | Mar 18, 2011 |
This basically picks up on Foxe's book of Martyrs and continues the story of the persecuted church in the world up until more recent times. Great, encouraging stories from those who looked forward to a better heavenly city. With the exception of a few accounts, I would highly recommend reading these stories to your children, especially if you are a Christian living in America where we suffer virtually no persecution. Our children need to know how blessed by God they are to live in a land where the Gospel, by and large, goes forth unhindered. ( )
  R.I.F. | Mar 24, 2010 |
I love this book it help remind me of the freedom for believers when i want to wine about life
added by ronmarvel | editRon Marvel

"Dedicated to... all those who refused to deny Jesus. Your faith was not in vain."
"It is said that there are more Christian martyrs today than there were in 100 AD-in the days of the Roman Empire."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764200836, Paperback)

With life-changing impact, Jesus Freaks: Martyrs and Jesus Freaks: Revolutionaries have captured the attention of Christians of all ages with their stories of Christian martyrs and revolutionaries who took a stand for Christ against the culture of their day. Through these influential books, dc Talk challenges readers to pray for the persecuted church around the world and openly stand for Jesus. The new packages highlight the differences between the two books.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:18 -0400)

Christian recording group, dc Talk, captures the hearts of young people with this gripping compilation of stories about martyrs past and present. They tell of those who gave it all for God and are the ultimate Jesus Freaks. Young and old alike will ask themselves what they are trading their lives for!… (more)

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,494,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible