Torch by Lin Anderson
26None412,190 (3.36)6

I liked the first book in this series but this one didn't seem to flow as well as the first. I wasn't sure what was going on with the story and where they wanted to go with it. It's readable, with some nasty stuff going on occasionally but I felt vaguely disappointed in it. It lacked flow and the characters didn't feel as solid as they could have, I didn't really feel peril or tension in the story.

I will try at least one more in the series but I'm hoping it improves. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Aug 10, 2013 |
Torch by Lin Anderson is the second book in her Rhona MacLeod series, and frankly, I found this entry rather mediocre. In this outing Dr. MacLeod, a forensic scientist, is on the trail of an arsonist. Evidence suggests that fires in both Glasgow and, forty miles away, Edinburgh are being set by the same person. She and the Chief Fire Inspector of Edinburgh must put aside their differences and try to work together to solve the puzzle.

I found the story a little disjointed, and at times the plot severely stretched my imagination. The author obviously does her research when it comes to the medical facts and figures, but the story could have done with some tightening and clarity. A warning for animal lovers, the book contains violence and injury to a couple of dogs.

If it wasn’t for the fact that I have the third book in the series sitting on my shelves, I doubt I would be continuing on with this series, but as I do, I hope the next book is more like the first, which I remember as being quite good. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Sep 19, 2011 |

An arsonist on the loose in Edinburgh during Hogmanay is not great news for Severino MacRae of the fire brigade. In their quest to find him, Rhona and Severino trawl the sewers of the city, looking for clues. Can they find the firestarter before midnight? And can Rhona resist the charms of Severino? Originally published: Edinburgh: Luath, 2004.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,491,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible