Let Sleeping Rogues Lie by Sabrina Jeffries

Let Sleeping Rogues Lie

by Sabrina Jeffries

Recently added byprivate library, Hollie1122, arena50, Bugetta, arena90, sammii507, rena70

Devilishly handsome Anthony Dalton, Viscount Norcourt, has agreed to provide rake lessons for young girls in return for Madeline Prescott's help in securing a position for his niece in the prestigious girls school she teaches at. In return, however, Madeline asks more of Anthony than just his lessons - she needs his help in setting up a meeting with a famous chemist who may be able to help her and her father out of a perilous scandal. Little does Anthony know that this scandal involves the abusive uncle he is battling to save his young niece from.

Can a rake and a blue stocking teacher work together to save each other? Forced into close proximity, the sparks fly in this enticing romance.

An exciting plot, sizzling romance, and excellent story, Let Sleeping Rogues Lie lives up to the high quality that Sabrina Jeffries is known for. A must read!

Azacia | Dec 8, 2013 |
When Madeline Prescott took a teaching position at Mrs. Harris’s School for Young Ladies, it was to help restore her father’s reputation. Instead, she’s in danger of ruining her own. The devilishly handsome Anthony Dalton, Viscount Norcourt, has agreed to provide “rake lessons” to Mrs. Harris’s pupils so they can learn how to avoid unscrupulous gentlemen, and Madeline is to oversee his classes. She has always believed that attraction is a scientific matter, easily classified and controlled-until she’s swept into the passionate desire that fiercely burns between her and Anthony. Nothing could be more illogical than risking everything for a dalliance with a rake-even one who’s trying to behave himself. Yet nothing could be more tempting…

At least, that's what the back of the book says... haha.... :) But yeah, it was good! I REALLY liked it. And there was a HUGE mystery element, and I love when those unravel REALLY SLOWLY, like this one did. You're like, "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON??!??!?" the whole time... It's lovely. And it wasn't THAT suspenseful. But it was really good. I enjoyed it very much. 4.5 stars! ( )
  saraferrell | Apr 3, 2013 |
We can always trust Ms. Jeffries to give us the most scandalous sex scenes along with the most interesting characters. In this case, we have a curious naturalist and a smart rake. A combination that already sound delicious just by the sheer strangeness, but string along Ms. Jeffries' light-hearted narration, packed with the most amusing dialogue, and you have 'Let Sleeping Rogues Lie.'

What makes this pair fun is that they are not at all normal, courtship included. A girl's schoolteacher and an infamous rake, in the vicinity of the actual school; how likely does the situation sound? Yet, Ms. Jeffries makes it a ride that we could enjoy more than once. ( )
  parakisu | Apr 20, 2009 |
Since I first picked up In the Princes Bed by Sabrina Jeffries over 2 years ago, I have been completely obsessed with her books, quickly devouring each and everyone that has came out since then, along with some of her older ones. So it was no real surprise to me when I finished Let Sleeping Rogues Lie *In only a day, I might add!* and realized that I loved it just as much as her previous books (possibly even more?).

Let Sleeping Rogues Lie is the fourth installment in Sabrina's "School for Heiress" series. Miss Madeline Prescott is a teacher at Mrs. Harris's School for Young Ladies (Teaching: A plot that has been used a little bit too much? Maybe, but who cares!). But her life is not exactly what it seems. Her father lost his position as a doctor and may very well be thrown in jail by Viscount Norcourt's Uncle. So what's a respectable lady to do? Why, sin, lie a bit, and, of course, seduce the hot bad boy, Lord Anthony Norcourt himself! Come on, tell me you wouldn't do the same if you were in her position? Just take one look at Anthony and his restraining control over 'the beast' inside him and I promise you'll be ready to push Madeline out of the way. But sorry girls--- Anthony is not happily married. ;)

I found the story line to be interesting. Unlike some of the usual ones that are used in historical romances, I felt that this one was well written (Of course, Sabrina is an amazing author!). It had a plot, it had the evil uncle, the tortured hero (God, I love the heros in my romance novels to be tortured souls that are healed, but not so much so that they become a stiff gentleman, if you know what I mean!), the not-quiet-innocent-but-not- quiet-experienced heroine who is not only suppose to be pretty but also smart *Bimbos for heroines don't do it for me, sorry*, a few scandalous bargains, steamy love scenes that have the right amount of hot sex and touching sweetness....what could you add to that to make it better? Nothing! *Well, okay, so I would have loved it even more, if that's even possible, if Anthony had been a vampire, but hey, I guess you can't always have what you want!*

5/5 STARS! Let Sleeping Rogues Lie is a great story filled with love, sex, and humor, all twisted together flawlessly by one of the best historical romance authors out there-- Sabrina Jeffries! P.S: If you have not had to chance to read one of her novels yet, all I can say is "How the heck can you be a romance lover and not have picked up one of her books before?!" I promise, you will not regret it! ( )
1 vote The_Book_Queen | Jul 11, 2008 |
School for Heiresses series. Teacher Madeline Prescott is desperately trying to clear her physician father's name and manipulates Viscount Norcourt into helping her in exchange for her help in enrolling his niece at her school. Both get more than they bargained for. ( )
  Elishibai | May 19, 2008 |

When Madeline Prescott took a teaching position at Mrs. Harris’s School for Young Ladies, it was to help restore her father’s reputation. Instead, she’s in danger of ruining her own. The devilishly handsome Anthony Dalton, Viscount Norcourt, has agreed to provide “rake lessons” to Mrs. Harris’s pupils so they can learn how to avoid unscrupulous gentlemen, and Mrs. Harris has tapped Madeline to oversee his classes.

Madeline has always believed attraction to be a scientific matter, easily classified and controlled—until she finds herself swept into the passionate desire that fiercely burns between her and Anthony. Nothing could be more illogical than risking everything for a dalliance with a rake . . . but nothing could be more tempting either.

When notorious rake Anthony Dalton--forced to prove himself worthy of becoming his niece's guardian by enrolling her in a prestigious school--agrees to give a class for young ladies on how to avoid uscrupulous men, he finds himself drawn to the teacher, the sensible Madeline Prescot.… (more)

Sabrina Jeffries is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,328,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible