Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker

Mister B. Gone (edition 2007)

by Clive Barker

A medieval devil speaks directly to the reader, his tone murderous one moment, seductive the next, in a memoir allegedly penned in the year 1438. The demon has embedded himself in the very words of this tale of terror, turning the book itself into a dangerous object, laced with menace only too ready to break free and exert its power.… (more)
Member:dalai-lt
Title:Mister B. Gone
Authors:Clive Barker
Info:HarperCollins (2007), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 256 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**

Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker

The 13½ Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers (mouw08)
    mouw08: same kinda crazy adventure of a non-human

English (47)  German (1)  All languages (48)
Ok but I honestly wasn't that impressed with this one. He's definitely done better in my opinion ( )
  Damiella | Aug 18, 2020 |
Loved it. I thought it was quite innovative. ( )
  LynnK. | Aug 4, 2020 |
An amazing romp through the demonic and The Middle Ages where Barker weaves his magic and battle between good and evil. His character, Jakabok Botch is one of the finest portrayals that I've seen that adds a fine measure of credence and power to bring the most out of his tale. Additionally, the plot devices and changes of scene are welcomed and great. This is a top-notch book. Barker fans should flock to this one and those wanting to explore him will do well to start here.

4.5 stars- FULLY earned. ( )
  DanielSTJ | Aug 29, 2019 |
Very cool premise, but it lacked the thrill it seemed to think it had, plus it took a long while to get to the meat of the story. ( )
  bookwyrmm | Jul 12, 2019 |
I read this quite some time ago and skimmed through it to review here. I had forgotten how juvenile/YA this book feels. Quirky story that reads as a memoir remembering days past. Some of the writing really sucked me in...most of it was just there to fill pages it seemed. Those pieces, like descriptions of a setting that has no meaning or does not add to the story, is what starts to pull me off track. Overall not bad, but not my favorite. ( )
  jons0813 | Oct 27, 2018 |
For Emilian David Armstrong, With my love and thanks to Pamela Robinson
BURN THIS BOOK.

You hold in your hands not a book at all, but a terrifying embodiment of purest evil. Can you feel the electric tingle in your fingers as you are absorbed by the demon Jakabok's tale of his unintentional ascent from the depths of the Inferno? Do you sense the cold dread worming its way into your bloodstream, your sinews, the marrow of your bones as you read more deeply into his earthly education and unspeakable acts? The filth you now grasp has been waiting patiently for you for nearly six hundred years. And now, before you are completely in its thrall, you would do well to follow the foul creature's admonition and destroy this abomination of ink and paper before you turn a single leaf and are lost forever.

You have been warned.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,769,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible