Cunt: A Declaration of Independence Expanded…

Cunt: A Declaration of Independence Expanded and Updated Second Edition (original 1998; edition 2002)

by Inga Muscio

Member:UofI_LGBT_RC
Title:Cunt: A Declaration of Independence Expanded and Updated Second Edition
Authors:Inga Muscio
Info:Seal Press (2002), Edition: 2nd, Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Psychology, Philosophy, Queer Theory, Your library
Tags:Psychology, Philosophy, Queer Theory

Cunt: A Declaration of Independence by Inga Muscio (1998)

I learned a lot from this book; most importantly, that etymologically, "vagina" is derived from a term that means "sheath for a sword." So, as Inga Muscio puts it, "I ain't got no vagina." And I've since made it my personal mission in life to get people to stop saying "vagina" and start saying "cunt"; especially men who are terrified to utter the word for fear of having one ripped into them by a nearby offended female. ( )
  dysmonia | Apr 15, 2014 |
This is the second time I've read this book and I still love it! It's a book about freedom and how to get it. About all the issues those of us with cunts face and how we can help improve things. Love love love it! ( )
  phenske | Sep 21, 2013 |
Beyond brilliant, this book displays a wide open view of the differences between what it should mean to be female and what it does mean. It's sometimes political, sometimes spiritual, sometimes crass, sometimes tear making, often causes me to spurt a giggle of random laughter.

From it's evocative title to it's well founded research I would recommend this book to anyone who is a woman, knows women, or is touched by their lives, births, hearts, etc. I won't be forgetting the wisdom and ideas found in these pages for a love time. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Jul 24, 2013 |

Inga Muscioprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dodson, BettyForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
In Loving Dedication:

To everyone with a cunt

Especially, She who persuaded me from Hers:

my Sacred Mother

I thank you for giving me life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,275,988 books! | Top bar: Always visible