Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, Book 2) by Ilona…

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, Book 2) (edition 2008)

by Ilona Andrews

Member:victoriatro
Title:Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, Book 2)
Authors:Ilona Andrews
Info:Ace (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages
Rating:*****

Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews

English (95)  French (1)  All languages (96)
Rough time getting going in this book. I almost gave up on it and put it aside but am glad I persevered on. More character/world building and things left undone to build upon in the future.

It really is weird to have the authors talk as if they are only one person in the acknowledgments. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Much better than the precursor. The style's settled down a bit, and more of the backstory is given to explain the various hints dropped. There's still a bit more to explain, but it all makes more sense. ( )
  reading_fox | Feb 5, 2016 |
Fantastic fantasy, a strong female role, interesting suporting characters..Love Curran the Beast Lord ! ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
From my friend in Oregon.
  Greymowser | Jan 23, 2016 |
My Thoughts: I am so very glad that I brought in the new year with this book. I stayed up much later than I had planned simply because I could not put this book down. This is a series that I've wanted to start for a very long time. The more that I read, the more that I liked Kate. There is a mystery behind her, but meeting her here at this time in her life seems right. She is coming into her own. Sicne she is used to working on her own and hiding who she is, this is going to be a bumpy growing journey. Even more so, because she is aware of the danger that it brings to her. Her strength, the hidden one not the one that is often displayed, is the other thing that I like about her. I didn't like Crest, he appeared too eager in a creepy hidden motive kind of way. But Curran, the Beast lord himself! I liked him and I can't wait to see more interactions between him and Kate. On the one hand it sounds like a good idea, the push each other's buttons a lot. But on the other hand, pushing each other's buttons seems like dangerous territory. We shall see.

4 stars ****
  StarrK | Jan 21, 2016 |
To the late David Gemmell. You have inspired me with your books. It was my dream to meet you, and I deeply regret your passing.
The phone rang in the middle of the night.

Kate goes up against Celtic gods, finds an orphan in need of protection, and fends of the Beast Lord -- all while trying to stay alive.
Down in Atlanta, tempers - and temperatures - are about to flare...As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards. Normally, waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. Now Kate is going to have to deal with problems on a much bigger scale: a divine one.
When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta's paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she quickly realizes much more is at stake. During a flare, gods and goddesses can manifest and battle for power. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug-of-war between two gods hoping for rebirth. And if Kate can't stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441015832, Mass Market Paperback)

As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels knows how waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta's paramilitary clan of shape shifters, she quickly realizes much more is at stake. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug of war between two gods hoping for rebirth, and if Kate can't stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:37 -0400)

When mercenary Kate Daniels is hired to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta's paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she is plunged into the middle of an epic battle between two gods hoping for rebirth.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,267,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible