Betty Crocker's Cooky Book by Betty…

Betty Crocker's Cooky Book (original 1963; edition 1963)

by Betty Crocker, Art Director Edward P. Diehl (Illustrator)

Member:tututhefirst
Title:Betty Crocker's Cooky Book
Authors:Betty Crocker
Other authors:Art Director Edward P. Diehl (Illustrator)
Info:Golden Press (1963), Edition: 1ST, Spiral-bound, 156 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites, Cooksbooks, hobbies, gardening, DIY
Tags:recipes, cookies, favorites

Betty Crocker's Cooky Book by Betty Crocker (1963)

My mother had the original 1963 version of this book, I swiped it from her cookbook shelf when I left home in 1972, and I used it so much over the years that the covers fell off and half the pages fell out. I'm delighted to find that it's been reissued, and I can't wait to start baking my favorite cookies again. ( )
  soror_peregrina | May 6, 2012 |
It was a great pleasure to find the re-issue of this 1963 classic cookie book, my mother's go-to resource for all things cookie. Just seeing the cover brings back a flood of memories. I remember making decorated Christmas and Easter cookies, and Mom creating holiday gift boxes of dozens of assorted cookies from the book. I associate it with snickerdoodles, gingersnaps, peanut butter cookies, freezer cookies, cherry-filled heart cookies and butterscotch lace cookies. Most fun, I remember making storybook cookies from page 56, painting little Scottie dogs and funny cats with egg yolk paint. This cookbook is a sweet walk down memory lane. ( )
  LaurelMildred | Jul 30, 2009 |
I remember my mom making cookies from this book. This was her book and was published in 1963. I loved reading the recipes and seeing the marks she made next to the cookies she made.
There are recipes in here that I have never even seen before. This book is great for all levels of bakers. The beginning goes over some basic utensils, measuring and even some hints. I highly enjoyed seeing the variations to many of the recipes in the book, just by adding a different spice or adding nuts.
The best part of the book for me was the section called Betty Crocker's Best Cookies. My version has the best cooky of certain 10 year or 5 year periods starting at 1880. I enjoyed reading the blurb about the cookie and the historical highlights of events that happened during those periods.
So if you need a new cookie recipe or just want to find an old favorite then check out Betty Crocker's Cooky Book!! ( )
  crazy4reading | Jan 28, 2009 |
My favorite cookie book! I use these recipes every Christmas and throughout the year. One of the "old style" Betty Crocker cookbooks that actually uses base ingredients most of the time, not canned, prepared, packaged, etc. ( )
  sprowett | May 18, 2008 |
I received this cookbook when I was 7 from my granparents for a birthday gift. I loved it and was so proud of it. I have used it ever since. The fudge meltaways are the greatest and a big hit at our house for Christmas.
1 vote investory | Oct 19, 2007 |
Who doesn't like cookies ... they're fun to eat, easily portable and always a crowd-pleaser.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764566377, Spiral-bound)

Here is the complete cooky book-more than 450 recipes, dozens of appetizing full-color photographs, and many how-to-do-it sketches. This treasury of cooky baking embraces all tastes-from the old-fashioned and traditional to the new and sophisticated. Plus a large section devoted entirely to holiday cookies. Fun to use. . .perfect to give.

Here's the classic treasury of cookie baking that so many people grew up with: the beloved 1963 edition of Betty Crocker's Cooky Book, now in a brand-new, authentic facsimile of the original book.

Remember baking cookies with Mom or Grandma when you were a kid? The wonderful smell, the spatulas to lick and, best of all, delicious cookies you'd helped to make yourself? If you grew up baking with Betty Crocker, then you probably had this book, filled with all your favorites-from Chewy Molasses Cookies to Chocolate Crinkles to Toffee Squares and many more!

Now, with this authentic reproduction of the original 1963 edition, you can relive those moments, taste the cookies you grew up with and share them with your loved ones. All the charm of the original and all the great recipes are here. Turn to Betty Crocker's Cooky Book to find:
* An authentic facsimile of the classic 1963 edition packed with all your favorite cookie recipes
* Over 450 recipes, dozens of nostalgic color photographs and charming how-to sketches
* Scrumptious recipes for Holiday Cookies (dozens of Christmas specialties), Family Favorites (for lunchtime, snacktime, anytime), Company Best Cookies (fancy enough for company) and much more

This book is a great gift for new and experienced bakers alike. Only one family copy of this favorite cookbook? Now everyone can have a copy of this classic book!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:31 -0400)

Collects recipes for over 250 types of cookies, including rolled, drop, molded, bar, and special holiday and party cookies.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,038,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible