A history of the modern world by R. R.…

A history of the modern world (edition 1992)

by R. R. Palmer

A narrative of major events from the late Middle Ages to the political and religious conflicts at the beginning of the twenty-first century. This work offers a survey that helps readers understand both the complexities of great events such as the French Revolution, or the First World War and the importance of historical analysis.… (more)
Member:selfnoise
Title:A history of the modern world
Authors:R. R. Palmer
Info:New York: McGraw-Hill, c1992.
Rating:***
Tags:history, europe, reference, wrongcover

A History of the Modern World by R. R. Palmer

Edition: 5th edition // Descr: xv, 492 p. : ill., maps 25 cm. // Series: Call No. { } Shelved in Kade German Center, 116 Lawrence : Geschichte // //
  ColgateGerman | Oct 26, 2012 |
2150 A History of the Modern World Second Edition, by R. R. Palmer, Revised with the Collaboration of Joel Colton (read 21 June 1988) I paid a nickel for this 1956 book at a rummage sale, so I figured I should read it rather than let my money go to waste. It is obviously intended as an introduction for college students, and I cannot say I really enjoyed it. I almost feel as if after reading this 900-page plus book I have not learned a thing. It covers so much I have read so much on. In one sentence it covers a topic I've read a book on, and of course so much has happened since 1956. ( )
  Schmerguls | Jul 10, 2008 |
My trusty old AP European History textbook. Don't leave home without it. ( )
  drewandlori | Oct 16, 2007 |
This was the textbook for the AP European history class I took in high school. The title is a misnomer—Palmer and Cotton's book is a history of modern Europe and the rest of the world only isasmuch as it was conquered by Europeans. That solecism aside, this is a fine survey of western history. ( )
1 vote billmcn | Aug 13, 2007 |

R. R. Palmerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Colton, JoelAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,822,103 books! | Top bar: Always visible