Dark Tort (Goldy Culinary Mysteries, Book…

Dark Tort (Goldy Culinary Mysteries, Book 13) (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Diane Mott Davidson

Member:tutter1297
Title:Dark Tort (Goldy Culinary Mysteries, Book 13)
Authors:Diane Mott Davidson
Info:Avon (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 449 pages

Dark Tort by Diane Mott Davidson (2006)

My goal is to re-read this series this year and I am getting close to the end. Because I was traveling I chose to listen to this book while driving. I loved the book; however, I did not like the audio version. It wasn't the book, but the reader. She did an adequate job; however, she made Marla's voice too harsh and Tom's voice too wimpy in places. I visualize Tom having a really sexy voice and this wasn't it. I realize that it is difficult to have voice changes in the dialogue but this was a huge distraction for me.

The plot itself kept me interested. Once again, Goldy finds a body, this time it is her young neighbor, Dusty, in a lawyer's office of all places. Once again there are lots of characters to keep track of, but luckily I got to listen to this in one day so keeping everyone straight wasn't a big deal this time. ( )
  travelgal | Oct 23, 2018 |
A friend and neighbour of Goldy's is the victim in this latest mystery. Lawyers, art, and tasty food are all part of the backdrop of Goldy's latest snooping adventure. ( )
  ChazziFrazz | Jun 23, 2016 |
A good cozy mystery. Lots of talk about food with recipes at the end. Goldy begins to suspect something is not right with Charlie Black's culinary paintings when she tries to make the dishes. ( )
  nx74defiant | Jan 23, 2016 |
For someone who isn't a homicide detective, Goldy sure has a lot of contact with murders! This latest involves lawyers (automatic bad guys, right?), infidelity, theft, and jealousy. Goldie manages to put all the pieces together, but not before her own brush with death. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Aug 24, 2015 |
Goldy is going in to help a young friend learn to bake, they meet weekly at the law office the young woman is working at as a paralegal. When Goldy stumbles and falls coming into the office, she is hurt and has thrown food all over the place. Turning to look at what caused her to fall, she finds her friend, Dusty. Dusty is unresponsive and after performing CPR for quite some time, Goldy gives up, calls the police and starts a chain of events that lead to theft, murder, infidelity and puts Goldy at risk.

As usual there are some delectable foods woven through the story, Goldy is catering, trying to find out who killed Dusty, keeping track of Arch and Gus, and generally having a very busy, very confused and very dangerous week.

I do love this series and am enjoying spending some time catching up on it, still several books behind so have more Goldy left to read. ( )
  bookswoman | May 3, 2015 |
But jealous souls will not be answered so.
They are not ever jealous for
the cause but jealous for they're jealous.
'Tis a monster begot on itself,
borne on itself.
Othello, act III, scene iv
To Sandra Djikstra
and her marvelous team
Thank you for your decades of work to
support Goldy and me.
I tripped over the body of my friend Dusty Routt at half past ten on the night of October 19.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060527323, Mass Market Paperback)

Caterer Goldy Schulz's lucrative new gig, preparing breakfasts and conference room snacks for a local law firm, is time-consuming, but she's enjoying it . . . until the night she arrives to find Dusty, the firm's paralegal, dead. The deceased also happened to be Goldy's friend and neighbor, and now Dusty's grieving mother is begging Goldy to find out who murdered her daughter.

Just because the police are on the case doesn't mean Goldy can't do a little snooping herself. While catering a party at the home of one of the firm's lawyers, she just happens to overhear an incriminating conversation. She also discovers a few tasty clues in the kitchen. Before long, Goldy finds herself knee-deep in suspects. But one of them is incredibly dangerous . . . and very liable to cook Goldy's goose.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:45 -0400)

When caterer Goldy Schulz stumbles upon a dead paralegal while on her latest catering job at a local law firm, she does her own snooping to find the killer, at the behest of the victim's mother, and is soon knee-deep in suspects.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,540,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible