Grantville Gazette II by Eric Flint
Recently added bystancliff, storytime930, private library, ArlieS, Maddz, mazelibrary, shmjay, capiam1234, shagger

baen ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
(Amy) Much like the first of the Gazettes, this collection is fun but of spotty quality. I laughed out loud a few times, rolled my eyes a few times, but mostly it was fairly generic fare. "The Invisible War" is just about worth the price of admission all on its own, though, so I don't feel I wasted either money or time. Still, I do think the Gazettes are going to be pretty far down my ranking of this shared universe's offerings, overall.

Again, recommended only for completists.

( http://weblog.siliconcerebrate.com/zenos-library/2009/08/grantville_gazette_ii_e... )

(Alistair) Unfortunately for the general level of erudition of my booklog posts, I could greatly simplify talking about Grantville Gazette II by simply saying, see my post on the first Grantville Gazette, and assume that my opinions are essentially the same, which they are.

I liked a couple of the stories better than I had those in either the first of these volumes, or Ring of Fire, for that matter; in particular The Company Men, but overall my opinions on matters of interest and quality remain much the same.

( http://weblog.siliconcerebrate.com/cerebrate/2009/07/grantville_gazette_ii_ed_er... ) ( )
  libraryofus | Dec 30, 2009 |
"Stop whining, Harry," said Anne Jefferson.

A collection of short stories and non-fiction essays related to the 1632 universe. Also included are a number of relevant websites, and information on submitting stories to the series.

Contents:
An Invisible War by Danita Ewing
FACT:
A Quick and Dirty Treatise on Historical Fencing by Enrico M. Toro
So You Want to do Telecommunications in 1633? by Rick Boatright
Mente et Malleo: Practical Mineralogy and Minerals Exploration in 1632 by Laura Runkle
The Secret Book of Zink by Andrew Clark

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,484,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible