The Book of the Dead (Pendergast, Book 7) by…

The Book of the Dead (Pendergast, Book 7) (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child

Member:Lydia_Gastrell
Title:The Book of the Dead (Pendergast, Book 7)
Authors:Douglas Preston
Other authors:Lincoln Child
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2007), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 640 pages
Tags:Physically Own

The Book Of The Dead by Douglas Preston (2006)

English (61)  Danish (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (66)
Another great read in the Pendergast series. While some of these books aren't always a 5-star read, they're still incredibly enjoyable and I always find myself looking to grab the next one of the series at Barnes & Noble when it gets released each year. Hats off to Pendergast and all of his investigations. ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |
Sheesh. Badguy falling into volcano=corny. ( )
  amuskopf | Jun 7, 2018 |
Interesting. I had to return the book back to the library before finishing.
  LiteraryW | Mar 19, 2018 |
I picked this book up from my local library for a dollar. I believe it was a dollar well spent. The creepy factor was right up there. I like how the authors used modern day techniques to achieve horrific situations. This was definitely a thrill ride and I enjoyed my time on it. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Oct 4, 2017 |
Synopsis: When the last book ended, Pendergast had been sent to prison for murder but he had kept Diogenes (his brother) from stealing the one diamond in the museum’s collection that he wanted. As this book begins, Diogenes sends the museum the rest of the diamonds he had stolen, but as diamond grit. He is still after his brother and his brother’s friends but this time his sites are set on bringing down Constance, as well. The Museum is re-opening an exhibit from the 1930s that showed the tomb of Senef. This exhibit is supposed to over shadow the loss of the diamonds and the murders that were perpetrated within its walls; but Diogenes has other ideas.

Review: Another nail biter, but I sort of knew what the ending had to be. Constance lived up to my expectations and now there is a setting for the next book. ( )
  DrLed | Sep 7, 2016 |

Preston, Douglasprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Child, Lincolnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Preston & Childmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Auberjonois, ReneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Brick, ScottNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marjamäki, PekkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Velzen, Marjolein vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lincoln Child dedicates this book to his mother, Nancy Child.
Douglas Preston dedicates this book to Anna Marguerite McCann Taggart.
Early-morning sunlight gilded the cobbled drive of the staff entrance of the New York Museum of Natural History, illuminating a glass pillbox just outside the granite archway. Within the pillbox, a figure sat slumped in his chair; and elderly man, familiar to all museum staff. He puffed contentedly on a calabash pipe and basked in the warmth of one of those false-spring days that occur in New York City in February, the kind that coaxes daffodils, crocuses, and fruit trees into premature bloom, only to freeze them dead later in the month.
...the world had proved to be a nightmare beyond all imagining: niosome, ugly, chaotic, and brutally anonymous. It was not at all like the comfortable, predictable, moral world of literature.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446618500, Mass Market Paperback)

A brilliant FBI agent, rotting away in a high security prison for a murder he did not commit. His brilliant, psychotic brother, about to perpetrate a horrific crime. A young woman with an extraordinary past, on the edge of a violent breakdown. An ancient Egyptian tomb about to be unveiled at a celebrity-studded New York gala, an enigmatic curse released. Memento Mori

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:45 -0400)

Psychotic killer Diogenes faces down his incarcerated FBI agent brother, while the Museum of Natural History reopens a long-closed tomb exhibit, a decision that coincides with a series of murders and sparks rumors about an ancient curse.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,582,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible