Scalped - Volume 01: Indian Country by Jason…

Scalped - Volume 01: Indian Country

by Jason Aaron, R.M. Guera (Illustrator)

Series: Scalped (1)

The mysterious Dashiell Bad Horse returns to the South Dakota reservation where he was born, after almost 2 decades away. He gets re-entangled with corrupt reservation politics, family drama, and an old girlfriend. But he has a secret that none of them could imagine, and he's on a mission to unearth everyone else's secrets too.

As is often true with me and graphic novels, I was interested in the story that was being told but I did not at all care for how it was told. Everything was very choppy and I couldn't tell who was saying what and I did not care for the artwork at all. I picked this up from the library because a TV show is in development, so I'll probably just watch that instead of continuing the series. ( )
  norabelle414 | Mar 7, 2017 |
Bad Horse returns home to the reservation while working undercover for the FBI to bring down Red Crow. It takes a while to see that this is a revenge tale and exactly who is trying to get back at whom. I wanted to like this as so many other readers were excited about it but I had a difficult time getting into it. ( )

Jason Aaronprimary authorall editionscalculated
Guera, R.M.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Vaughan, Brian K.Introductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The prairie Rose Indian Reservation in South Dakota.  Where the great Sioux Nation came to die...

Dash Bad Horse ran away from the Prairie Rose Reservation at age 13. He returns as an undercover FBI agent to take down casino owner and crime boss Lincoln Red Crow.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,440,654 books! | Top bar: Always visible