The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller…

The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicle) (original 2011; edition 2013)

by Patrick Rothfuss (Author)

7,005304869 (4.35)1 / 292
Kvothe takes his first steps on the path of the hero as he attempts to uncover the truth about the mysterious Amyr, the Chandrian, and the death of his parents. Along the way, Kvothe is put on trial by the legendary Adem mercenaries, forced to reclaim the honor of the Edema Ruh, and travels into the Fae realm where he meets Felurian, the faerie woman no man can resist.… (more)
Member:larch100
Title:The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicle)
Authors:Patrick Rothfuss (Author)
Info:DAW (2013), Edition: Reissue, 1120 pages

The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (2011)

Recently added byrena75, LFL92556, tlwright, Tarmo247, jpustka, private library, DebbieKarimullah, egwedpyreu, ASClaire

English (299)  Spanish (5)  All languages (304)

I spent 42 hours of obsessive reading in 3 days on this. I passed 2 nights' sleep... and it still wasn't enough. Considering that I read [b:The Name of the Wind|186074|The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)|Patrick Rothfuss|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1270352123s/186074.jpg|2502879] just before this one (another nights sleep gone) I think i might be becoming a bit of a fan of the series :)

Why i loved this book

1.Kvothes wittiness, curiosity, ingenuity and fearlessness.

2.The mythology and worldbuilding of these series is a work of art on its own.

3.The book is easy to read despite its size (I stopped counting at 150 chapters) but also has an excelent flow and amazing lyrisism.

4.The variety of the places and the situations are also amazing. No two places are alike and all different experiences serve an actual purpose instead of just evolving the character.

5.The romance with Denna is very original.

and many many more...
  Fidelias | Jan 9, 2020 |
best ( )
  ONEMariachi | Jan 7, 2020 |
Kvothe became even more of a "Mary Sue" once he met the Maer. It seems understandable though, considering that his life story is meant to sounds like a myth and legend. I still enjoyed it very much. ( )
  tyry95 | Dec 5, 2019 |
This.. is the most beautiful book I have ever read. I took 8 months to read it, reading one or two chapters per reading session, and letting the words sink in after that. Truly, a masterpiece of storytelling. ( )
  kinwolf | Oct 31, 2019 |
What can I say about a 42 hour audiobook detailing the life of a young wizard who is good at everything he does? It's certainly tedious, but the writing is heads and shoulders above most fantasy stuff. This is my brother's favorite series, and I love my brother. ( )
  Adammmmm | Sep 10, 2019 |
Rothfuss takes to the Hero’s Journey with a passion and depth that routinely turns the trite into the transcendent.
added by Aerrin99 | editOnion AV Club, Zack Handlen (Mar 17, 2011)

Rothfuss works all the well-worn conventions of the genre, with a shadow cloak here and a stinging sword there and lots of wizardry throughout, blending a thoroughly prosaic prose style with the heft-of-tome ambitions of a William T. Vollmann. This is a great big book indeed, but not much happens—which, to judge by the success of its predecessor, will faze readers not a whit.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews (Feb 1, 2011)

Rothfuss, Patrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Podehl, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ribeiro, VeraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my patient fans, for reading the blog and telling me what they really want is an excellent book, even if it takes a little longer.

To my clever beta readers, for their invaluable help and toleration of my paranoid secrecy.

To my fabulous agent, for keeping the wolves from the door in more ways than one.

To my wise editor, for giving me the time and space to write a book that fills me with pride.

To my loving family, for supporting me and reminding me that leaving the house every once in a while is a good thing.

To my understanding girlfriend, for not leaving me when the stress of endless revision made me frothy and monstrous.

To my sweet baby, for loving his daddy even though I have to go away and write all the time. Even when we're having a really great time. Even when we're talking about ducks.
Dawn was coming. The Waystone Inn lay in silence, and it was a silence of three parts.
Deutsche Ausgabe wurde in 2 Teile geteilt

Patrick Rothfuss is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,616,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible