Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Mongoose, R.I.P.

by Jr. William F. Buckley

Series: Blackford Oakes (8)

1941103,198 (3.3)None
"Mongoose, R. I. P"., by William F. Buckley Jr. Mongoose, R. I. P. is set in 1963 in the middle of the cold war. Fidel Castro and John F. Kennedy plot against one another. Castro seeks revenge for his humiliation during the missile crisis, and Kennedy has set in motion a plot that could prove his own undoing. Blackford is caught in the middle of their plots.… (more)

Not one of the better books of the Blcckford Oakes series but an interesting look at the Cuban Missile Crisis and the attempts of Castro's life afterward. ( )
  EctopicBrain | Dec 4, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

The attempted assassination of Sukarno has all the look of an 'operation' by the Central Intelligence Agency: everyone got killed except the appointed victim. (Editorial Paragraph, National Review, December 14, 1957
For Samuel S. Vaughn--Gratefully
Rufus was always formally hospitable, but even the few who had experienced his extra-professional hospitality--Blackford Oakes, for all his youth, was conspicuous in that small and irregular company--could never quit be sure which Rufus it was they were now going to be exposed to.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,634,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible