Shelter From The Storm (Tubby Dubonnet, #4)…

Shelter From The Storm (Tubby Dubonnet, #4) (edition 2013)

by Tony Dunbar

Member:whybehave2002
Title:Shelter From The Storm (Tubby Dubonnet, #4)
Authors:Tony Dunbar
Info:booksBnimble Mysteries (2013), Kindle Edition, 177 pages
Collections:Mystery, Your library (inactive)
Tags:to-read, mystery-comedy

Shelter from the Storm by Tony Dunbar

I have lots of fun reading about Tubby Dubonnet. I don't care if it's not realistic. There is enough realism in the life I live. I think I have the next book on my Kindle as I bought most of them after reading the first one. ( )
  scot2 | Sep 9, 2017 |
This was like starting a book in the middle of a series, instead of a stand alone book. I didn't get a full understanding of the characters, and it was just a basic, predictable story. Many books are written around Mardi Gras, and I don't feel like this one grasped the essence of Mardi Gras. The characters weren't well rounded and the story was a little out there. Hopefully, his other books are much better. ( )
  angela.k.winters | Jun 13, 2016 |
With its background that combines Mardi Gras, torrential rain, and a bank robbery, this book starts out as the best Tubby Dubonnet mystery so far, and maintains that feel through most of the book. Once the rain ends, however, there are just a few too many stops and starts and the inconclusive ending, while setting up further books in the series, is quite unsatisfying and out of tune with the rest of the book. Still, it is always fascinating to see what's going on with the great cast of characters Dunbar has created in this series, and more than a few of them get a mention here. I'll definitely keep reading the series. Despite some flaws, it is just plain fun. Also, Dunbar works in a few other Bob Dylan lines to go along with the title. ( )
  datrappert | Jul 3, 2015 |
An interesting read taking place in New Orleans at Marti Gra time. Includes a bank robbery, murder and violent weather. But near the ending of the story, it says "The End"??????? Stories left incomplete. I liked it as far as it went, but it didn't end, just stopped, like the author ran out of paper?? ( )
  azroadrunner88 | May 2, 2015 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0399143017, Hardcover)

New Orleans has been the favorite setting for so many mystery series (I stopped counting after two dozen) that it could easily become just another colorful crutch. But in his fourth book about lawyer Tubby Dubonnet, Tony Dunbar artfully turns the location on its head. A major character emerges from a huge rainstorm that drowns the city and threatens to wash out its entire Mardi Gras celebration. Tubby, who starts the book short of money, work, and self-esteem, literally rises--along with the water level--to the occasion. He loses a client in the flooded streets; shares a hotel room with a friendly, slightly larcenous female tourist from Chicago; and then stumbles on a trio of bank robbers whose agenda is linked to an old New Orleans property swindle. By showing the damage that a couple of days of rain can cause to the city's fragile ecosystem, Dunbar makes us really care about its fate. The same can be said about our feelings for Tubby: he's a lazy, corner-cutting, slightly shabby, occasionally reckless but decent man who turns out to be much more than a passing tourist attraction. Previous Tubby tales in paperback include City of Beads, Crooked Man, and Trick Question.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:56 -0400)

A gang of robbers arrives in New Orleans to rob a bank during Mardi Gras, but the robbery is disrupted by a downpour. Now they have to change plans and so must lawyer Tubby Dubonnet if he is to catch them. By the author of Trick Question.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,483,276 books! | Top bar: Always visible